Senior Software Engineer - Database Specialist
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career as a Senior Software Engineer - Database Specialist.
Are you a Database Specialist with a proven background in dealing with extremely large datasets, designing suitable database architectures to support Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning endeavors to solve real problems?
Siemens Healthineers are establishing a new team in the domain of AI & ML to expand and complement our existing broad range of Engineering competencies; the successful applicant will be a key member of this team responsible for harvesting data from diagnostic analysers within the field, manipulating this data and forming suitable data structures to facilitate AI / ML objectives.
The role within the team will involve a wide range of data driven projects that make real-time intelligent decisions to support next generation medical diagnostic analysers which cover immunoassay, chemistry, and hematology testing.
As a Senior Engineer you will be part of a fast grown highly innovative Engineering team working on complex medical device analysers to serve the needs of laboratories of any size – today and tomorrow.
The critical skills we are looking for
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining large database systems and management tools (SQL, Oracle etc.)
- Efficient scripting and writing queries to extract data from field instruments and populate database structures
- Complete installs, updates, and maintains computer databases
- Supports database performance by monitoring, evaluating, and resolving processing and programming problems
- Secures database by preparing access and control policies and procedures and implementing disaster recovery procedures
- Experience with a core software engineering language. e.g., Python, C, C#, C++
- Someone who can problem solve to a solution, with a structured approach
- Computer hardware and operating system knowledge
Required for the success of this role
- Excellent knowledge of software and databases to support the extraction and manipulation of large datasets for use by the wider Engineering team
- Proven experience in the design and development of databases, queries, and scripting to support the ultimate implementation of high-quality on-time solutions
- High paced individual who can work in a cross functional high performing engineering team
- Eager and passionate to understand both business and user needs
- Ability to work across multiple functional boundaries to deliver the desired outcome
- Readily accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility with a proven track record in delivering solutions at pace
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal skills are required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic)
- 5+ years’ experience in a Software Engineering – Database applications
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally. We have an excellent benefits package for the right candidate.
If you want to join apply online, Healthineers Job Search - Jobs - Page 1 (siemens.com)
Any issues - Please email email@example.com
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time