Mendix – the leading low-code application development platform:
The Mendix Platform uses visual modeling to abstract long-form coding out of application development. Our customers use Mendix to create and deploy better software for the enterprise, faster. Mendix is collaborative - the people who use the software and the people who build the software work together throughout the development process.
Read our Customer Stories to learn more about the wealth of software and solutions global organizations have built with the Platform.
At Mendix we strive to maintain a diverse, open, and safe working environment where people can be their true selves. We value every voice, celebrate individuality, and appreciate the diversity of thought and experience. People who work here are driven, smart, and really good at what they do.
As this market evolves, we encourage people of all skill levels to work with the platform, both for clients and candidates. Apply today to discover how you can make a meaningful impact with Mendix.
Mendix is a Siemens Business:
Siemens is a Top 10 Global Software Company and a leader on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World. With the acquisition of Mendix in 2018, Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enhance the digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics meet the future of innovation. Mendix employees have the opportunity to work in a hyper-growth environment with the support of Siemens’ unbeatable market position and resources.
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value hard work, accountability, and results. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
We're investing to accelerate our momentum and we're looking to expand our Benelux Business Development Team. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about digital innovation and want to learn the ropes of sophisticated sales, all while working in highly motivated and successful team - then Mendix and this role is for you!
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will be part of a high-performance and most of all FUN sales culture. You will be the owner of your dedicated industry, the first point of contact for prospects arriving from demand generating activities (inbound) as well as responsible for your own outbound efforts.
You will learn how to navigate sophisticated sales processes and receive mentorship where needed while executing the following activities:
- Follow up and qualifying Sales Leads
- Work closely with internal Marketing, Account Executives and industry experts
- Conduct account/market planning and research
- Set up outbound mailing & calling campaigns
- Represent Mendix at industry events
- Find the right decision makers and influencers within enterprise organisations
- Set and conduct qualifying meetings with prospects
- Learn how to ask the right questions to find out if an opportunity is a Mendix-fit according to a set of criteria – which is pivotal in becoming a sales champion
- Establish customer relationships with the "decision making unit", such as CIO, CTO, CDO, IT Manager, Head of IT, General Director and other influencers
- Conduct regular handovers of opportunities with Account Executives
The innovator we need:
- 0-3 years of experience in enterprise software sales as a SDR/BDR or Inside Sales or a relevant BSc/MSc Degree
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in Dutch & English
- We are looking for people who are excellent listeners, critical thinkers, and are comfortable navigating sophisticated conversations
- You are ambitious, strive for excellence and have a growth-mindset
- The ability to work full-time
So, what can you, a curious professional looking for the best way to start your career, expect from being a Business Developer Representative at Mendix? Fair question!
Primary & Secondary Employment conditions:
- Secondary employment conditions include 30 holidays a year, a laptop, a phone, a noise-cancelling headset, a home-office budget, free lunch at the office with changing menus and free transport to and from the office (check scooters, public transport etc.)
- You will have the freedom to choose whether to work from home or at the office. During the onboarding phase (first 3-6 months) it is highly appreciated if you come to the office 3 days per week or more to enable you to get to know your colleagues best
- Up to 4 weeks Work-from-(M)Anywhere a year. This means you can grab your laptop and work from different countries. We trust you to get the job done
- You are very welcome to join our company events such as team dinners, our quarterly EMEA BDR get-together and our annual Sales Kick Off as well as monthly company-wide parties and fun events such as Mendix Ski and Mendix Summer
- A clear career ladder which starts at “BDR 1.0” up to “BDR 1.4” in quarterly steps. When you hit your target for 5 quarters, you will become Senior BDR. As you grow, your salary grows with you.
- Career opportunities! The professionals from the BDR organization are highly valued within Mendix, thus the career opportunities after successfully performing the BDR role (approximately 2 years) are abundant. Examples of careers former BDR’s have started at Mendix are: Account Executive - Customer Success Manager - Partner Manager - Business Development Manager -
- We promise candid mentoring and continuous training. From sales trainings and industry events, a dedicated team lead who was a BDR as well, to learning from your Account Executive while improving your value based selling skills.
- Working in a team with other ambitious professionals who all want to learn and have fun while doing so.
We consider our people as people - not assets, we’re passionate about results – not “boxes” and “rules”, we’re all outstanding, and we want you to be yourself, we celebrate success as a team and we care about your personal and professional development!
If you see a job description and think, “I’d be perfect for that” but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications – don’t let that hold you back. We’re always eager to hire talented, passionate candidates – so give it a try and apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mendix/Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mendix Technology B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time