Here at Digital Industries, one of the main pillars of Siemens, we are the market leader in industrial automation. Our products and services are used in factories across the world, from car production to pharmaceutical plants.
We know that future operation will be different than today. And we want to be the inspiring leader, building the future jointly with customers and partners. Delivering real value fast, in collaboration, solving fundamental problems, growing sustainability, optimizing systems, and living the change, this is what drives us in our daily operations.
For this we have created the Future of Industrial Operations. Our goal is to do nothing less than transforming the industry and ourselves, Siemens.
We are crafting a portfolio for tomorrow, iterating fast over new ideas and being in close touch with our customers to integrate their feedback back to the products we built.
With this approach, we are building the bridge into a sustainable world of tomorrow. Fast, agile and purpose driven, for us and the next generations to come.
What part will you play?
- Create a new user experience for application developers by integrating data from different data sources
- Bring existing data integration products to the next level and shape the future roadmap
- Guide and support software engineers with the implementation of technologies in the field of data integration and semantics
- Contribute to the implementation of our data integration products
- Foster the know-how and usage of methodologies and technologies in this field
- Monitor and evaluate trends and new software frameworks and bring them into production
What you need to make real what matters.
- Completed master’s degree in computer science or related fields
- At least 5 years of developer experience in a professional setting
- Programming skills in various languages (Java, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge in the field of software container technology and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Advanced understanding of time-series databases (e.g. InfluxDB), graph databases (e.g. BlazeGraph), and relational databases
- Knowledge with technologies in the field of semantics (e.g. RDF, OWL)
- Experience with data warehouses and data mesh architectures is an advantage
- Certification in the area of software architecture is an advantage
- Agile mindset and experience with development methodologies like SCRUM
- Ability to communicate across all management level in fluent English. German language skills are an advantage.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
What we offer.
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a global standard
- Attractive remuneration package
- Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- Find more benefits here
Individual benefits are adapted to meet local legal regulations, the requirements of different job profiles, locations, and individual preferences.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
FAQ - if you need further information on the application process.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time