"Are you ready to verify and validate factory automation equipment for machines and systems that safely automate our world?"
The Test Engineer participates in analyzing, developing, implementing processes, technologies, and systems for the testing of automation products. May work with hardware and software design to perform fault insertion tests or development tests of prototype products. The Test Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager / Project Leader working on Functional Safety projects and is an individual contributor working directly within the test team under the direction of the Technical Team Lead Engineer.
- Performs Integration Tests and System Tests:
- Assists with developing test automation and scripts.
- Builds test setups.
- Participates in software and hardware test development.
- Participates in preparing reports and analyzing technical issues.
- Reviews standards, specifications, and other documents to support implementation of tests.
- Needs to solve assigned, non-routine tasks, to contribute to projects or assignments.
- Independently performs basic tasks and functions. Seeks advice and guidance from others on non-routine or problem areas.
- Participates in quality and process improvements.
- Ability to participate and adhere to project schedules and requirements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science (listed in priority order)
- 0-3 years of experience in a test role or related technical product development area with basic understanding of test concepts.
- Proficient use of typical electronics laboratory equipment. Able to operate oscilloscope and interpret traces.
- Able to read schematics and find nodes on test boards.
- Capable of improving test efficiency through learning and automation.
- Good work-ethic and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and teamwork skills.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong quality orientation with the ability to improve existing processes and approaches.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Familiarity with embedded systems – including PLCs and I/O modules.
- Familiarity with automation engineering system(s) like Siemens’ TIA Portal - including Fundamental LAD and SCL programming.
- Familiarity with programming in C# and Visual Studio.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.