Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious Engineer, looking for the next challenge in their career as an R&D Software Engineer.
Are you a passionate Engineer with experience in full stack development of software for instruments / analysers.
Siemens Healthineers based in Swords, Dublin, are expanding the software team to complement our existing broad-range of Engineering competencies. The successful applicant will be a key member of this team to support next generation medical diagnostic analysers which cover immunoassay, chemistry, and hematology testing.
The applicant must have experience in software development, system integration and on-time product delivery. Must demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and in a systematic fashion with other Engineering functions (e.g., Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware, System Integration, Biochemistry) to deliver high-end innovative product solutions at pace. The role involves working on a wide range of diverse cross-functional projects related to support front-end and real-time innovative software solutions.
As a key member of the team you will be part of a highly innovative multidisciplinary Engineering group working on complex problems to serve the needs of laboratories of any size – today and tomorrow.
The critical skills and personality we are looking for
- Experience in the design, development and verification of high-quality software solutions; experience in a regulated environment would be beneficial
- Experience in full stack software development within a high performing software team
- It would be advantageous to have the following Software experience
- Strong programming and architectural skills (C, C#, C++)
- Excellent knowledge of front-end and back-end development
- Experience with design and implementation of real-time systems over CAN Open or another protocol
- Database experience would be an advantage
- Ability to translate customer needs and design input requirements into detailed architecture and design specifications
- Ability to integrate software with different technologies (Fluidic sensing, electronics, motion control, and vision)
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all deliverables (Agile, SCRUM, GDP etc.)
- Participate in the development of testing strategies for all software releases (including unit testing and code reviews)
- Someone who can problem solve to a solution, with a structured analytical approach
- Excellent computer and micro-controller knowledge would be an advantage
Required for the success of this role
- High paced individual who is eager and passionate in developing and delivering solutions in close collaboration with key stakeholders
- Readily accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility
- An excellent team player who knows how to work in a team environment
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal skills are required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic)
- 3+ years’ relevant engineering experience in a high performing software team
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally. We have an excellent benefits package for the right candidate.
If you want to join apply online, Healthineers Job Search - Jobs - Page 1 (siemens.com)
Any issues - Please email email@example.com
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time