Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious Engineer, looking for a challenge in their career, as a Systems Engineer.
Are you a Systems Engineer with experience in the design, development, and characterisation of complex automated instruments / analysers?
Siemens Healthineers, Swords, Dublin, are expanding the Engineering team and require a Systems Engineer to deliver complex projects as part of the development of next generation medical diagnostic analysers (immunoassay, chemistry, hematology).
The successful candidate must have a technical background in the control of complex automated electro-mechanical systems, state machines, characterisation, and in translating design requirements into detailed functional specifications. The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively within a team in a systematic approach, delivering product solutions at pace.
As a key member of the team, you will be part of a highly innovative multidisciplinary Engineering team (Mechanical, Electronics, Biochemistry, Software, Artificial Intelligence, Optics) working on complex problems to serve the needs of laboratories of any size – today and tomorrow.
The critical skills we are looking for
- An understanding of control systems for complex electromechanical analysers / systems
- Work across multiple technologies and disciplines integrating fluidics, electronics, optics and software
- Define characterisation studies / DOE’s for subsystems and analysers to understand error budget using design for six sigma and statistical based techniques
- Act as the interface between the hardware & software teams to coordinate integration of solutions into the analyser architecture
- Create detailed functional specifications which enable the wider Engineering team to understand the detailed design of the analyser; including design margins
- Write bespoke scripts for controlling subsystems within the analyser (State Machine Diagrams, etc.)
- Driving Investigations, segment, and root cause issues down to component level utilising team
Required for the success of this role
- Knowledge of control system engineering in the automation and overall operation of complex electromechanical systems
- Software applications knowledge, including scripting (Python, Perl, VBA or other languages)
- High paced individual who can work in a cross functional high performing engineering team
- Eager and passionate to understand both business and user needs in driving solutions
- Ability to work across multiple functional boundaries to deliver the desired outcome
- Readily accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal skills are required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic)
- 3+ years’ experience in automation and control systems engineering
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally. We have an excellent benefits package for the right candidate.
If you want to join apply online, Healthineers Job Search - Jobs - Page 1 (siemens.com)
Any issues - Please email email@example.com
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time