We are looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow by joining our manufacturing team! You will be responsible for operating punch, shear and brake machines in the fabrication of custom parts.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience: None
- Specialized Training: CNC Programming preferred
- Knowledge: Basic shop math
- Skills: Basic computer skills , and use of basic mechanical/measuring tools
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Must be able to work standing for the duration of the shift
- Must be able to reach, grasp, lift 75 lbs , and push/pull/slide heavy material
- Must be able to make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, squat, crawl, and climb
- Other: Must be at least 18 years of age
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL:
- Set up, program, test, and adjust machines to shear, pierce, extrude, bend, and/or shape material according to specifications.
- Shears bus and steel with the use of shear machines.
- Process work orders in adherence to the production schedule or expedited orders.
- Read and interpret blue prints to produce desired parts.
- Install, exchange, align, and lock specified punches, dies, or other fixtures on machines as applicable.
- Interface industrial robot (if applicable) for picking and placing materials on a conveyor or other specified device.
- Load, position, and secure materials against fixtures, clamps, or stops on machines.
- Observe equipment operations and resolve problems with the machine operator control.
- Inspect completed workpieces for defects (e.g. jagged edges or marred surfaces).
- Measure completed workpieces (with the use of squares, tape measure, calipers, etc.) to verify conformance with specifications.
- Mark parts with identifying information.
- Neatly stack fabricated parts on carts, conveyors, or any other specified devices.
- Properly discard scrap and/or defected materials that are not serviceable.
- Initiate scrap tickets to generate part replacement orders.
- Work with Material Handlers to ensure the material for each job is available (e.g. copper, aluminum, cold rolled steel, etc.)
- Clean and maintain machines, equipment, and work area to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Class D Operators must be able to perform or assist maintenance in performing necessary repairs to equipment.
- Perform other work as directed by Supervision.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.