We make real what matters
Siemens makes buildings and cities smarter and supplies people with environmentally-friendly energy. We work hand in hand with artificial intelligence and move people from A to B safely. New challenges present themselves every day – and hereby the chance to face them. Join our team of about 303,000 colleagues around the globe and help us create environments that care.
An exciting opportunity awaits you as the Global Head of Quality, Agility and IT Tools. Join us in our mission to continuously improve the quality of our development processes and tools through an agile approach.
In this role, you will be responsible for defining and executing our quality and agile strategy, guiding multiple agile coaches, mitigating risks and developing team performance. You will work closely with other department leads to increase the quality impact across our portfolios and ensure that our development framework is aligned with the highest possible outcome for our customers.
The successful candidate will be part of the R&D Building Product management team. This organisation consists of multiple agile release trains deployed over multiple locations globally.
The role has a global reach and reports to the R&D Global Head in Switzerland.
- Responsible for defining the quality and agile strategy as well as its approach and execution in relation to product and solution development
- Serve as a quality lead and work with the leads in other fields to increase the quality impact across the portfolios
- Guide multiple agile coaches in implementing the agile strategy and drive agile transformation
- Develop and increase teams’ performance and collaboration across the organisation using CoP, best practice sharing and process improvements
- Continuously support the implementation of the right development framework (agility vs scaled agility) to ensure the highest possible outcome, best-in-class delivery and customer delight
- Define and maintain a set of relevant metrics and ensure the setup of the vital tooling and data sources to ensure there is always an overview of relevant ART and organisation metrics
- Handle stakeholder expectations to support innovation and guarantee that the organisation’s medium- and long-term strategic goals are achieved.
- Attract, build and retain highly engaged and capable quality assurance teams that can deliver on our technology and business strategies
- Bring high energy, effectiveness at handling relationships (up, down, across), and the ability to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Create a fun, fast-paced, motivating and exciting environment for the teams and the organisation
Qualifications & Experience
- Experienced in quality management within industrial product development (HW, SW, FW)
- Experienced agile coach with a proven track record and rock-solid, hands-on experience with agile/lean transformations and global delivery in industrial companies
- Experience of working with agile-oriented methodologies (e.g. XP), frameworks (e.g. Scrum, SAFe), techniques (e.g. TDD) and processes (e.g. BDD, Design Thinking), both in software and/or hardware development environments
- Standout colleague, applied facilitation and mentoring skills at team/individual level and influencing skills, particularly in problem solving/problem resolution
- Ability to drive a distributed Global ARTs’ organisation towards common goals
- Detailed understanding of quality management principles, compliance and problem-solving techniques (8D, Ishikawa, FMEA, APQP)
- You continually look for ways to change things for the better. You challenge conventional ways of thinking, speak truth to power and discover creative possibilities
- Fluent in English language skills (written, spoken) is a prerequisite
- Teamwork and trust: You build effective and collaborative working relationships within and outside the organisation
- Innovative mentality: You think creatively and constantly seek new opportunities while taking the company vision into account
- Performance Orientation: You have high expectations for performance and accountability for actions and results, for yourself and the team
- Agility and adaptability: You are able to navigate through a transformational organisation and stakeholder-oriented culture
- Hunger to learn: You have a passion for learning new concepts, technologies and ideas
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time