For system support in the Factory Automation business, we are looking for young engineers to join our team. The main responsibility is to technically support internal and external customers regarding the upcoming new technology of Edge Computing in factory automation. This includes developing edge apps, creating innovative concepts, presales support, preparation and execution of technical workshops, consulting of customer projects, and constantly innovating about how to improve the usage of our products.
What are my responsibilities?
- Develop industrial edge apps based on customer requirements.
- Guide internal and external customers on the way to use the new Edge technology. This includes setup Edge Apps and the integration of Edge into existing IT and OT structures.
- Creating innovation concepts for Edge in Factory Automation
- Build up and maintain expert knowledge about the latest technologies and trends in Factory Automation
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You are familiar with full-stack development process.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Nginx).
- Familiarity with IOT technology (e.g. Raspberry Pi, Arduino).
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. Git).
- Highly motivated to work in a global team, learn from others and share your own knowledge.
- You have a Bachelor's degree or above in engineering fields such as computer science, mechanical, electronics, automation engineering, etc.
- You are a life-long learner and are excited to learn new technologies and ways of thinking.
- Good presentation skills.
What else do I need to know (introduction about
With the brand SIMATIC, Siemens has one of the world’s leading automation product families, including SCADA, PLC, HMI, IOs any many more. The upcoming Edge technology will bring IT technology to automation level and will change the automation world on a big scale.
SIMATIC System Support delivers internal technical support regarding Factory Automation topics. A team of highly motivated technical consultants covers knowledge across the whole SIMATIC Portfolio.
We are responsible to bring the latest technologies of Factory Automation Business Unit to Siemens engineers. This we do by various knowledge transfer measures and by technical supporting projects of customers.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time