Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for an internship where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem-solving to ensure customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Does gaining hands-on experience, real-world skills, and valuable knowledge while developing yourself professionally sound exciting to you?
Then look to the Siemens Summer 2023 Internship Program: Smart Infrastructure Regional Solutions and Services Americas. Not sure what we do? Click HERE
Siemens is recognized as one of the world’s largest and best-known companies and was acknowledged in 2022 by:
- Fortune: One of the World’s Most Admired Companies
- Forbes: America's Best Large Employers, America's Best Employers for Diversity, and Best Employers for New Graduates
- Fast Company: Most Innovative Companies and World Changing Ideas Awards
- Corporate Equality Index: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Overview of the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Energy Engineer Intern Program:
- During this 10-week internship program, you will rotate through various departments at the local branch office, focusing on smart buildings and sustainable infrastructure.
- 60% of your time will be spent on energy engineering -related activities (learning how to manage a identify savings opportunities, on-the-job training, and shadowing, etc.), 20% of your time with be spent with the sales department learning how we go-to-market and sell our solutions and services, and 20% of your time will be spent in our service department, focusing on the service related tasks needed to deliver world-class service to Siemens customers.
- You may get experience rotating through our core business segments, which include HVAC, Fire/Life Safety, Security, and Energy/Sustainability Systems.
- The goal of this internship program is to develop future talent for the Siemens organization and help you identify where you may be interested in pursuing a career at Siemens post-graduation.
Working alongside Energy Engineers, you will help Siemens customers achieve energy efficiency and sustainability goals:
- Review customer facilities for potential energy savings and other operational improvements
- Collect data from building systems and use analytics programs to identify optimization opportunities
- Summarize and communicate recommendations to customers and field personnel
- Assist field technicians in implementing recommendations
- Assist sales teams in developing proposals for energy efficiency projects
Who Should Apply?
- Education: Current sophomore or junior undergraduates pursuing a BA/BS from an accredited college or university, preferably majoring in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Energy Engineering.
- GPA: 3.0+ (preferred)
- Availability: 40 hours per week from May/June to July/August 2023
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Prior internship or co-op experience (preferred but not necessary)
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Strong analytical, writing, presentation, and critical-thinking skills
- Industry knowledge and/or interest
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.