Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings--it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. This position supports various teams to provide the knowledge, resources, and tools that help Siemens deliver exceptional quality service to our clients while supporting the team’s growth and profitability. Areas of focus include:
- Providing administrative support to our team that makes our clients’ buildings more safe, healthy, and sustainable.
- Assisting with the planning, scheduling, and monitoring of the movement of materials through the production cycle while helping to determine material requirements. Providing routine clerical support to purchasing and materials management in data entry, filing, and coordinating paper flow.
- Responding to routine inquiries relating to packing lists and shipping instruction. Compiling and maintaining records of materials received or shipped.
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing shipments. Maintains all records required for shipping and receiving. Verifies rates of freight charges.
- Packs and ships outgoing material. Prepares and maintains accurate shipping and receiving records, makes up bills of lading, maintains records of goods received.
- Rejects damaged goods or materials and corresponds with shipper to adjust damages or shortages. Makes deliveries to job sites as required.
- Loads and unloads material from vehicles.
- Makes independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling of work within established guidelines.
- May handle confidential materials and matters.
- Prepares drafts, articles, reports, proposals, charts, and a variety of routine correspondence. Proofreads and edits drafts and final materials for appropriate and consistent format. Corrects punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Compiles and analyzes information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials, including charts, graphs, and tables as necessary.
- Receives and responds to routine correspondence following established procedures with management review.
- Receives, screens, and routes incoming telephone calls, furnishes information when possible, and conveys messages to appropriate personnel; place calls, receive visitors, arrange appointments, and maintain a calendar.
- Administers department record keeping system and/or maintains various department records files in accordance with company policies and procedures. Reviews requests for information and determines the appropriateness of release.
- Carries out special projects and assignments as requested; compiles, analyzes, and prepares data for administrative reports and presentations.
- Schedules conferences, meetings and appointments; notifies attendees and makes necessary arrangements.
- Arrange and confirm travel reservations selecting an economical and time efficient mode of transportation and lodging.
- Receives and distributes incoming mail, assemble correspondence for mailing, receive and transmit material using fax machine and collating and assembling documents.
- Monitors inventory levels of office and departmental supplies, initiates purchase orders as necessary to maintain proper inventory or meet department office supply needs.
- Required education: High school diploma or state-recognized GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and strong skills using other types of business software (for report generation, data analysis, etc.)
- Good verbal and written skills in English
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Previous administrative support experience required with warehouse experience highly preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license with limited violations for occasional deliveries required
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Construction industry experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.