Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is what drives us.
For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. We are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase the availability of infrastructure for society, optimize route usage, and create a new quality of travel.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute - We help our customers move the world.
We seek to fill a Technical Support Specialist position in Wilmington, Delaware, to direct support in fleet monitoring and maintenance planning for our locomotives. This role also provides technical guidance to the contractual depots and administrative services to our Reliability and Service Managers. This position requires on-site attendance in Wilmington, Delaware, and works on a 24/7/365 work rotation. We will provide locomotive-specific training for your first three months of employment to set you up for success in this role!What your day-to-day will look like:
- Monitoring fleet performance and equipment surveillance support for Siemens' locomotives at the Amtrak Mechanical Desk.
- Support for driving reliability and continuous improvement to minimize downtime and costs.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Software Engineers, and Field Service Technicians to monitor and improve maintenance practices.
- Give real-time live phone support to the end-users calmly.
- Support Failure Investigations and the completion of Root Cause Analysis reports.
- Regular review and update of maintenance practices, impacting documentation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Resolves product or service issues by clarifying the Customer's problems; determining the cause; selecting and explaining the best solution; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Generate Work Orders for locomotives using Amtrak's Work Management System.
- Associate degree in a technical field or proven practical maintenance and operational experience.
- Ability to solve practical problems, exercise initiative, and deal with various changing, sometimes unclear, situations.
- Must be computer literate and willing to learn computerized maintenance management systems.
- Effective communication, listening, and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel to generate administrative reports.
- Ability to learn project-specific software programs and online tools.
- The required amount of travel: 5%
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Wilmington, DE, is $59,700 - $110,900.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.