Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Customer Service Engineer - Associate!
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This role is located in the Kansas City, MO area.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Customer Service Engineer – Associate, you will be responsible for:
- Our Customer Service Engineer - Associate will perform service, preventative maintenance, and modifications on medical equipment at customer sites with minimal supervision
- You will establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers, as well as performing necessary administrative duties accurately
- For the best support of our customers, you will work a schedule that accommodates their practice. We offer enhanced shifting incentives dependent on start time and workdays.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to develop your career with Healthineers:
- You will receive two to three weeks of paid initial technical training at our beautiful Cary, NC Campus
- Professional Development courses and team assignments
- You will travel as needed to accompany and support customers during field rotations under the supervision of assigned mentors for up to six months
- Technical education in assigned modalities or product lines
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions
- Willingness to travel and work schedule flexibility
- You have very good presentation skills in the customer environment, and you show team orientation, communication skills and customer orientation
- Four levels of progression within the Technician positions. The possibility of career progression is expansive!
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Understanding of great customer service and communication skills - Required
- Use remote support mixed reality tools when working with second level technical support - Required
- Technical Degree or Equivalent Experience - Preferred
- Knowledge/Education in testing, repairing, and maintaining medical equipment - Preferred
- Electronics and computer/IT/Networking background - Preferred
- Valid driver's license and good driving record - Required
- Must be able to work both individually and in an established team setting - Required
- Willingness to work different shifts and days of the week as business needs dictate, including willingness to work overtime - Required
- Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography - Required
- Physical Requirements: Lifting 50lbs (floor to above waist/head), walking, ladder/stepstool climbing, bending, twisting, sitting work, squatting work, standing work, high-reach, fine grasping manipulation, good vision, and ability to work alone - Required
We offer a competitive benefits package and many perks, including but not limited to:
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off in your first 12 months, and 6 paid annual holidays and 5 floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits that start on your first day of hire!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 6 weeks Paid Paternal Leave
- Annual $300 Wellness Reimbursement
- 100% matching 401k retirement program up to 6% of your contribution
- 5% at target annual performance bonus (based on corporate performance)
- 100% match of your first 6% 401K (20% vesting of the matched amount each year)
- Corporate Vehicle - Fleet Program - You receive a new car ($45 per week cost to you) all inclusive of gas, tolls, service, insurance and more. You can use for business and personal usage. It is estimated to be a $15,000.00 annual value to our employee. Opt-out option available.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific position before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.