Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Your way leads you into the central global purchasing department of our business unit for railway infrastructure.
- You will act as a Global Category Manager (f/m/d) for Telecommunication Solutions for international bids & projects all over the world - with a significant purchasing volume in the double-digit million Euro range.
- You will work holistically from the initial request to the handover to the operational purchasing department (before the order is placed).
- You will develop purchasing and procurement strategies for our business demands such as GSM-R, TETRA Radio, Backbone, CCTV Cameras etc.
- You will identify, qualify, and develop high-performance suppliers worldwide, build a portfolio of preferred suppliers and continuously optimize their performance.
- Therefore, you will visit our suppliers located on all five continents and negotiate in person in an international context.
- This includes cooperation and coordination at top management level at suppliers - and also internally.
- In addition, you will ensure global reporting and transparency in all key purchasing parameters in your area of responsibility.
- You will work in an international team setup with colleagues in various countries and with a diverse background.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You hold a university degree (master's degree / diploma) in an engineering discipline (e.g. telecommunication / network engineering, electrical engineering).
- You also have several years of professional experience in strategic purchasing / category management or project management.
- You have a strong background in engineering, information technology or railway engineering.
- Furthermore, you are used to negotiating with international and top-class contacts.
- You have strong communication skills, are fluent in English and have worked in an international context before. Other language skills (e.g. German, Spanish) are an advantage.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time