Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We think our higher apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to the usual university/college route for ambitious students, especially as you’ll earn a level 4 engineering qualification whilst also benefitting from relevant and practical hands-on experience and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens, we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software, and ingenious inventions.
Manchester is the UK Siemens Headquarters, responsible for sales, marketing, technical support, and customer services for the global industrial market. Siemens also has engineers positioned throughout the UK in field service teams providing support at our customers’ sites with industrial control systems, motion control applications, machine tools and industrial communication networks.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference and are excited about the prospect of learning new skills, taking on extra responsibilities and acting as if Siemens was your own business.
Our apprenticeship programme lasts for approximately 4 years, during which time you will spend time studying towards your academic qualifications and working in the Motion Control business of Machine Tool Systems. The Automation & Control Engineering Technician will be the interface between the vendor and our customer and will be able to competently provide high quality, engineering services such as installation, commissioning, fault finding (the activity of testing an installation prior to handover) and support.
We have two opportunities to join our Engineering Higher Apprenticeship: the standard entry route straight into our program in the Manchester location.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- Providing first line customer service technical support to our customers.
- Travelling to customer locations across the UK to diagnose faults, repair equipment and fit new equipment to ensure our customer’s equipment is running as efficiently as possible as a field service engineer.
- Working on engineering projects helping our customers introduce Digital and Automation solutions
- Work with cutting edge technology on innovative customer challenges.
- Support the marketing and sales of our products into the market.
- Spend time with our Siemens Industrial Training business helping customers learn how to use our technology.
Your learning journey begins here:
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported. During this apprenticeship you will work towards a Level 4 Engineering qualification.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Have a strong Growth Mindset - Resilient in the face of adversity, excited by the prospect of learning new things and motivated to continually stretch and challenge yourself.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- Passionate about technology and always keen to learn new skills.
- You are organised and happy to be challenged and stretched.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely, and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible.
- Be excited by the prospect of working for the Siemens Digital Industries Division, with our product portfolio and in our customers’ industries.
Minimum educational requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve two A Levels at Grades A*-C or equivalent (at least one must be Maths or Physics).
We also welcome applications from those with a BTEC Level 3 certificate in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with at least a DDM grading.
The benefits of a higher apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school and have your level 4 engineering qualification paid for all whilst earning a salary and an annual bonus!
- 20% of your normal working hours will be spent studying.
- Apply what you are leaning at college/university in real word environments.
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
- What else do I need to know?
- Apprenticeships are funded from contributions made by the government and your employer. This means you will not have any student loans or tuition fees.
- You'll just need to cover the cost of your day-to-day expenses, such as lunch, travel, and accommodation.
- If you're 16 to 24 and a care leaver, you'll receive a £1,000 bursary payment to support you in the first year of your apprenticeship.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity in the workplace and is a corporate member of WISE (Women in Science, technology, and Engineering), and a signatory to the WISE Ten Steps campaign.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time