Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We think our higher apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to the usual university/college route for ambitious students, especially as you’ll earn a level 4 engineering qualification whilst also benefitting from relevant and practical hands-on experience and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens, we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software, and ingenious inventions.
Siemens Digital Industries in Congleton is an award-winning facility, responsible for designing, manufacturing, and servicing inverters for the global industrial market. The factory is undertaking an ambitious digital transformation, to help increase competitiveness and productivity to deliver more innovative products and services to our customers. Our inverters support companies to maximise performance in a sustainable and efficient way that will reduce environmental impact. The Congleton factory has a reputation for our positive team culture and Can-Do attitude, where we actively encourage a growth mindset and continuous improvement. The successful candidate will receive full training and support for this role and have ongoing opportunities for further training to help with career development.
The broad purpose of the occupation is to provide specialist technical support for engineers, so that organisations can develop, produce or test new and existing products, processes, or procedures to meet a customer specification in terms of quality, cost, and delivery, as efficiently and effectively as possible. Engineering Manufacturing Technicians gather information and data from a range of sources and analyse the information and data. They will make decisions, solve problems, and produce and where applicable, update technical documentation, reports or specifications covering areas such as quality, reliability, production schedules and targets, costing or other technical documentation that informs others, either internally or externally what needs to be done such as how a product must be designed, manufactured, tested, modified, maintained, stored, transported, commissioned, or decommissioned.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Have a strong Growth Mindset - Resilient in the face of adversity, excited by the prospect of learning new things and motivated to continually stretch and challenge yourself.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- Passionate about technology and always keen to learn new skills.
- You are organised and happy to be challenged and stretched.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely, and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible.
- Be excited by the prospect of working for the Siemens Digital Industries Division, with our product portfolio and in our customers’ industries.
- Minimum educational requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve two A Levels at Grades A*-C or equivalent (at least one must be Maths or Physics).
We also welcome applications from those with a BTEC Level 3 certificate in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with at least a DDM grading.
Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeship’s English and maths minimum requirement is Entry Level 3. A British Sign Language (BSL) qualification is an alternative to the English qualification for those whose primary language is BSL.
The benefits of a higher apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school and have your level 4 engineering qualification paid for all whilst earning a salary and an annual bonus!
- 20% of your normal working hours will be spent studying.
- Apply what you are leaning at college/university in real word environments.
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more
What else do I need to know?
- Apprenticeships are funded from contributions made by the government and your employer. This means you will not have any student loans or tuition fees.
- You'll just need to cover the cost of your day-to-day expenses, such as lunch, travel, and accommodation.
- If you're 16 to 24 and a care leaver, you'll receive a £1,000 bursary payment to support you in the first year of your apprenticeship.
Throughout the apprenticeship there will be the requirement of overtime as well as travel to Siemens and Customer locations within the UK and potentially travel outside of the UK. For our Field Service roles, this can also be required at short notice.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity in the workplace and is a corporate member of WISE (Women in Science, technology, and Engineering), and a signatory to the WISE Ten Steps campaign.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time