Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Financial Data Analyst is responsible for the digital transformation of financial reporting and data governance needed to support operational transparency, business planning, and performance management. This role will focus on enhancing the quality and robustness of SI RSS analytics while ensuring the accuracy of institutional KPI reporting. The role will report into the SI Performance Controlling Management, with key integration points across the SI RSS Field organization.
- Ensures data quality and governance for SI institutional reporting (SAP BW Planning and Reporting, ESPRIT Reporting, KBDs, month end close etc)
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly key business performance reporting for senior leadership.
- Investigates sales, cost, and margin details in SAP to provide transparency to business, assurance of accuracy, and root cause for result variances.
- Evaluates current controlling and reporting mechanisms to standardize, automate, and create digital enhancements.
- Identifies issues and proposes solutions to problems encountered and understands financial impacts of proposed solutions by applying problem-solving skills.
- Identifies new data sources for enhanced analytic capabilities while evaluating current data available.
- Ability to create advanced presentations and reporting through data mining and present them to higher levels.
- Leads process improvement opportunities and implement recommended solutions.
- Identifies, creates, develops and improves standards conformance.
- Demonstrates capabilities to potentially influence and to work effectively with multiple and diverse organizations, including different cultures (global colleagues).
- Takes ownership of assigned work through to completion.
- Understand the business needs and direction.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related field.
- Required past experience: 3-8 years experience
- Other required knowledge, skills, or expertise:
- Advance knowledge of SAP ERP (ideally E1P) and MS Office Applications
- Solid experience with planning, reporting and closing processes
- Education or experience in data analytics and/or data architecture
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Automation tools experience (BI, Qlik Sense, Knime, VBA, etc.)
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.