Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close cooperation with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries.
The Siemens Business Unit Motion Control (DI MC) is one of the world’s leading suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and service on the motion control market. It has around 20,000 employees and with factories, R&D and service sites worldwide we are close to our customer and at home in a huge range of industries.
DI MC Asia Pacific Headquarters (DI MC AP) will integrate product R&D, product lifecycle management, manufacturing, sales services, industry technology centers and talent training, covering India, Korea, Southeast Asia, Australia and other countries and regions.
Mission of Function
System architect is advanced technical generalist job, responsible on definition and maintenance of product architecture, including feasibility analysis, evaluation, interface control, change management, etc, and ensures the consistency and compatibility of the product family and platform. As technical coordinator, it has high degree of visibility internally and externally in organization, and it has international network and broad view.
What are my responsibilities?
• Defines and maintains drive and motor system architecture on product level
• Requirement engineering, clarifies feasibility, evaluates the boundary
• System level modeling by e,.g SysML
• Defines reuse strategies, creates reusable components
• Defines relevant quality attributes (e.g. performance, safety, security, compatibility, etc)
• Elaboration and decision of solution variants
• Management of technical debt
• Coaching and governing the realization
• Solving all upcoming technical issues with concept impact
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• 5 to 8 years working experience on industry products design, e.g., drive, motor and so on, including 2 years architecture work (SW or HW)
• Bachelor degree or above in relevant technical education like automation, computer science or electronics engineering
• System level application experience in motion control and automation domain, including controller, drive, motor, encoder, etc, understand the requirement, be skilled in solution
• Nice to have Software architecture skill like partitioning, modeling, pattern
• Fluent in English with speaking and writing
• Good in situation analysis
• Good coordination and communication skills
• Initiative and open-minded
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time