- EHS function responsibility for project sites with extensive travelling. Responsible for EHS implementation as per Siemens & Contract requirement for the project.
- Implementation of EHS Policy, guidelines, procedures & compliance to legal requirements to establish a real culture of Environment, Health and Safety etc. Provide clear, complete & binding instructions, as applicable
- Ensure implementation of EHS processes at service/project sites. Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines, customer and organizational requirements
- Ensure use of Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) as required based on nature of work and Ensure availability of all safety gadgets in the project sites. Analyses and monitors adherence to EHS standards in assigned organizations and prepares regular EHS reporting
- Organize & conduct daily / weekly / monthly Safety round & meeting with site managers / supervisors.
- Selection, evaluation & performance monitoring of site Contractors including a system of penalties & incentives.
- Plan and conduct EHS assessment/audit of the sites & take corrective/preventive actions promptly.
- Participating in EHS core team meetings in identifying aspects & hazards at the workplace/facilities and establish control measures. Guiding & training site personnel in implementing them
- Identify near misses, unsafe acts & unsafe conditions and ensure corrective /preventive actions. Analyze UA/UC trends for underlying issues, suggest corrective measures & follow up for compliance. Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to environment, health and safety. Develop and implement an erection & commissioning safety program. Provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics in Erection, testing & commissioning. Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures. Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Initiate and organize OHS training of contractor workers at sites
- Incident/Accident timely reporting and communication (escalation), investigation, analysis & recommendation of corrective & preventive actions. Implementation of lessons learnt through Safety alerts, audit findings.
- Co-ordinate & engage with the project Managers, Site Managers & customer representative on site for effective participation on EHS implementation.
- Advice on usage of PPEs, tools, tackles, equipment & device appropriate to the nature of work & application.
- Prepare and update EHS Legal register and HIRA register.
- Detailed knowledge of servicing and maintenance requirements pertaining to EHS
- Adequate knowledge of EHS Procedures applicable for Project sites.
- Familiar with best EHS Practices in the industry.
- Able to independently conduct EHS planning, EHS audits, EHS Training, Hazard Identification Risk Assessment, reporting and Contractor evaluation.
- Preparation of MIS and presentation to the EU management.
Desired Qualification & Experience
- BE/ Dip. (Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical)
- Advanced Diploma in Industrial Safety recognized by State Technical Board of Education.
- 7-8 years of experience in erection & construction involving transformers, HT/MV boards, motors and other electrical installations at project sites
- Certified Lead/ Internal Auditor of ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 will be preferred
- Knowledge of applicable EHS statutory requirements
- Have good communication skills and proficient in reporting
- Ready to travel anywhere within India & abroad
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Kalwa Works, Airoli, Navi Mumbai. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time