Siemens provides security building blocks and blueprint architectures for all Siemens business units in order to facilitate faster and better product development. We test and assess products & solutions, analyze, review and write code, develop security measures, and optimize their implementation.
What does the future looks like? What can we expect there? We do not know exactly. But we are doing everything we can to make tomorrow's world a little better, a lot smarter and more secure. To do this, we need new insight providers and initiators who will decide what next steps we can take. Real pioneers who initiate innovative projects in research and development and show unusual solutions. This is essential for digitalization!
With 120 years of presence in Romania, Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that owns innovative solutions in the areas of electrification, automation, and digitalization.
Software and R&D play a crucial role at Siemens. The Technology division in Brasov, Cluj-Napoca and Bucharest are the competence center for research, software development, as well as IT and engineering, which makes the company a major leader in vertical IT technologies. For more information about Siemens please visit www.siemens.ro and www.siemens.com/innovation.
If you are passionate about some of the technologies listed below, you are in the right place!
The role that you will play:
- In your new role as a senior research scientist in embedded security testing you perform security assessments of Siemens embedded / industrial IoT products and bring your offensive perspective into the design of such systems
- You handle projects and funded research activities and develop new technologies and methods in the fields of embedded security and embedded hacking
- You apply R&D results in projects with Siemens business units, such as security assessments / penetration tests, and chip in to the development of new services and offers
- You drive collaboration with national and international partners, both internally and at universities and research institutions
- You provide technical consulting to Siemens business units on embedded security topics
- You actively share your know-how within our team and supervise interns and working students
What do you need to qualify for this job?
- You have optimally completed masters or PhD degree in cyber security, computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent in related fields.
- Besides, you already gained 5+ years of professional and project management experience in the field of cyber security
- You have a proven understanding of state-of the-art cyber security concepts and extensive expertise in penetration testing, embedded hacking, and binary analysis
- You are familiar with security adaptability and supply-chain security challenges
- Experience in software programming (e.g., C, Python…) and knowledge in Linux OS and industrial communication protocols are a plus
- In addition, you have professional experience in applied research and in the transfer of R&D results into prototypes and customer offers
- You distinguish yourself by an innovative attitude, willingness to address new topics, very good interpersonal skills, strong customer orientation, with a high degree of personal initiative and a team-player attitude
- Your English and preferably German language skills are business ﬂuent
Make your mark in our exciting world as Siemens!
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more results-oriented and better prepared to respond efficient to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
Company: Siemens S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time