We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software is leading the way in this energy transformation with a comprehensive portfolio that addresses key challenges surrounding resiliency, reliability, affordability and security requirements for our customers.
Are you passionate about creating new possibilities?
This position is part of our Siemens Power Technologies International (PTI) team. PTI is a world leader in power system analysis and provides advanced technical consulting services, world-standard analytical software programs, and professional education in power systems engineering.
We are seeking a Power Systems Consultant to join our Power System Consulting team and contribute to the planning and integration of renewables, storage, and FACTS to the electrical grid. The consultant will be working remotely in the United States for our PTI United States team.
Work options include local or fully remote anywhere in the US.It's your role, here's the part you can play:
The core responsibilities of the Power Systems Consultant include the application of power systems planning principles, simulation and analysis of power system transient and sub-transient behaviors. In addition, the consultant will prepare reports and presentation of the study results and provide recommendation accordingly. In this role, it is crucial for the consultant to develop and maintain a strong relationship with our customers through ongoing communication. The successful candidate requires great problem-solving skills enabling quality and accuracy in a project environment. Attention to detail is a success factor.
- Perform power system transient analysis using appropriate RMS and EMT software tools to evaluate integration of renewable generation, battery energy storage, and FACTS
- Prepare detailed written reports describing analyses performed, conclusions, and recommendations
- Organize and lead small project teams ensuring deliverables are of high quality and projects are completed within budget and schedule
- Develop automation scripts to improve the speed and accuracy of simulations and analysis
- Provide EMT technical leadership and share knowledge with colleagues
- Support proposal preparation by developing project plans, budgets, and timelines
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- Master's degree or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering with a specialization in Power and Energy Systems
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in the electric power industry
- In-depth knowledge of transmission system planning and/or operations
- Industry experience performing transient analysis using PSCAD/EMTDC or EMTP-RV
- Great English written and spoken communication skills are required
- Experience evaluating transient stability of large transmission systems using PSS®E, TSAT, or PSLF
- Experience developing scripts to automate execution and analysis of simulations
We've got a lot to offer:
- An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Siemens is recognized as being a top employer for diversity, sustainability, innovation, and technology. Check out this link
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.