We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability, and resilience.
Are you passionate about creating new possibilities?
In our newly formed fast-growing business, we are looking for people with the skills and vision to build an energy-efficient and decarbonized future to support a more sustainable environment. Join our team, get inspired, and help us re-imagine the world!
It's your role, here's the part you can play:
- Develop, implement, and perform complex technical assignments related to Energy Market Management System (EMM) software applications.
- Analyze, program, troubleshoot, recommend solutions, perform enhancements, provide technical support, and implement modifications associated with the EMM software applications.
- Develop documentation and perform testing of EMM software applications. EMM software applications development and delivery involves: Day ahead and real-time markets, unit commitment and economic dispatch, power flow analysis software applications.
- Provide day-to-day technical support and be responsible for the operational support of the on-line EMM software applications.
- Perform problem resolution including performing root cause analysis and interacting with the team and customers.
- Master’s degree in Electrical (Power) Engineering with experience in development or delivery of Electricity Market Optimization applications.
- In addition, prior experience can include demonstrated engagement in the industry/university projects or thesis in the areas of Power System Analysis involving Operations Research, Generation, Transmission and/or Electricity Energy Management Applications problem formulation and corresponding software development.
- Education and experience focused in the topics of mathematical modeling techniques and analysis in the area of Power System Operations (Generation, Transmission and Distribution Network) and optimization techniques will also be considered.
- Experience working on Windows/Unix/Linux OS, C/C++/Fortran, Oracle PL/SQL, Python.
- An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Siemens is recognized as being a top employer for diversity, sustainability, innovation, and technology. Check out this link
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.