Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Regional Vice President of Sales, you will actively collaborate in the development and execution of the industrial products and solutions sales strategy to ensure sustained growth in the region. You will be responsible for identifying, selecting, and exploiting new automation and control business opportunities with assigned customers and territories. You will receive expert support (sales or technical) for the different product lines.
- The Sales Account Manager will drive sales growth by building relationships with new customers and strengthening relationships with existing ones to generate new business opportunities and develop strategies to win over target customers while leveraging all available sales resources to produce optimal results.
- Their grasp of value-added services will be vital when establishing partnerships with customers to better understand their needs while providing them with advisory technical solutions. Specifically, you will surpass customer expectations and act with a sense of urgency.
- You will work closely with sales specialists in various business units, as well as with our distributor.
- Your specific responsibilities will include, among others:
- Identifying, qualifying, exploiting, and maintaining a sufficient volume of business opportunities to reach organizational objectives surrounding orders and targets;
- Efficiently anticipating and evaluating customer needs to offer productive consultations;
- Leading strategic account analysis activities with the team when developing action plans to establish our position, identify opportunities and define targeted strategies and actions;
- Designing and preparing business proposals;
- Maintaining a specific sales volume in the Customer Relationship Management System (and other internal systems) while creating forecasts and gap-closing measures;
- Remaining abreast of industry changes and, if possible, obtaining membership to industrial and professional associations while continuously seeking to improve sales-related techniques and knowledge.
What will you need to succeed?
- More than five years of experience in technical sales, business development or consulting in the industrial sector;
- Good understanding of automation products (PLC, HMI, IPC, industrial networking, security and SCADA), along with their applications;
- Technical and commercial knowledge of industrial automation products, motor controls, drives, motion controls and MCCs, along with capture and security devices;
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering, or electro-mechanical engineering, or a similar discipline;
- Proven sales, customer service and communication skills;
- Experience with, or ability to learn, technical and financial estimation tools;
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships;
- Teamwork and collaborative skills;
- Good presentation and negotiation skills;
- Excellent time-management skills and motivation;
- Results and target-oriented working methods;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Bilingualism required (French and English) as you will need to interact with colleagues across Canada as well as Customer in Quebec
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.