We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens.
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
We, as the Smart Grid organization within Siemens Turkey R&D, are focusing on research and development of software products and solutions for Energy Systems domain. We are mainly located in Ankara ODTU Teknokent and we are working together with worldwide partners.
What part will you play?
- The successful candidate will work as a Power System Software Engineer in software development teams for products on power systems.
- Working within international software development teams across global locations to research, develop, test, document, maintain and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
- Developing and maintaining software applications and components of the Grid Simulation PSS® software portfolio,
- Participating in analysis of tasks required for development, providing accurate effort estimation, actively participating in project status reviews and technical discussions,
- Working in an Agile environment according to SAFe framework,
- Taking ownerships on Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering with specialization in Power Systems; talented M.Sc. candidates are encouraged to apply,
- Knowledge of power system modeling for computer analysis, symmetrical component theory, dynamic analysis, power flow, short-circuit calculations,
- Knowledge of power system protection principles and applications,
- Programming experience in C++, FORTRAN, or other programming languages or environments is preferable.
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Previous utility or consulting experience,
- Practical engineering experience in power system analysis software applications such as PSS®E, PSS®SINCAL, PSS®CAPE etc.,
- Experience in using ALM tools for tracking agile process (e.g., JIRA),
- Knowledge in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines (CI/CD),
- Previous experience on using source control tools. (e.g., Git).
Desired Soft skills:
- Excellent target group-oriented communication of complex issues and interpersonal communication,
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills,
- Strong self-organization including ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive, and upbeat attitude,
- Committed to quality oriented, tidy, and well documented business delivery,
- Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
- Inspire the team with new ideas and visions and actively promote platform development,
- Comfortable interpreting and understanding initially unfamiliar concepts,
- An ability to understand and explain abstract concepts in a clear way to technical and non-technical audiences.
What else do I need to know?
· Fluent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
· No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
What we offer
· Speak up Culture
· Respectful Workplace
· Being part of a global work environment
· Remote working and remote living flexibility
· Attractive remuneration package
· Excellent recognition tools providing spot awards
· Learning & Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
· Leave days for parents and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
· Creche allowance for mothers
· Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
· Find more benefits here
Individual benefits are adapted to meet local legal regulations, the requirements of different job profiles, locations, and individual preferences.
“At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds”
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Boelge Subesi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time