We’re Siemens. Award winning; Ranked on Fortune 500; Digital Engineering global leader. A collection of over 300,000 phenomenal minds who are all making the future. This position is with the Siemens Digital Logistics (SDL) group.
About the Job:
Siemens Digital Industry Software Division has a job opening for a Support Engineer in the Siemens Digital Logistics (SDL) group.
The Support Engineer Position will represent SDL Support in North America by guiding customers in identifying and solving application issues. This is a technical role that interacts with enterprise level customers to isolate and solve sophisticated logistics solution issues. The Support Engineer will apply moderate skills of MES software and supporting technologies to investigate and resolve problems by making use of problem-solving skills and tools. You will be responsible for setting customer expectations, identifying, isolating, and providing solutions for problems.
You will regularly exercise discretion & judgment during customer consultations to assess issues and, when vital, engage with colleagues across multiple departments. Responsible for knowledge share demonstrations to peers and customers. You will work with general supervision on issues to competently resolve customer issues. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, strong teammate, attention to detail and a strong desire to be a team contributor and learn and grow within he siemens organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills on enterprise level applications
- Ability to learn and apply deep knowledge of Siemens logistics applications
- Perform customer support case management via web and phone communications
- Work within a team environment to supervise customers issues, perform triage, troubleshooting and escalation routing as vital
- Provide customer assistance in a professional and efficient manner, adhering to well established process and practice procedures
- Partake in knowledge sharing activities, publishing knowledge base articles, providing technical presentations, reviewing documentation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum of 5-8 years working in a customer-facing support role
- Excellent interpersonal skills at various levels throughout an organization.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) skills – Intermediate
- Web client development experience, understanding of Object-Oriented programming model-Intermediate
- understanding of electronic data interchange (EDI) - good
- Demonstrates resilience and a good self-organization
- Ability to learn fast and adapt to changing priorities
- BS degree in Computer Science, Technology, or similar
- Previous experience with implementing web applications.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The salary range for this position is $95,800 to $172,400 and this role is eligible to earn incentive compensation. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.