Siemens Mobility Division provides efficient and integrated transportation of people and goods by rail and road – including rolling stock, rail automation, rail electrification, intelligent traffic systems, and service. We craft and manufacture across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. Cities and Railroads also rely on us to provide traction-power substations and electricity transmission and signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and transit systems.
As the Commodity Manager for our growing Rolling Stock operation you will collaborate with Material Managers, Quality Management and Engineering to analyze all suppliers in order to select the most suitable suppliers who are able to deliver high quality products at driven prices. We will rely on your outstanding negotiation skills to build value with regards to key metrics such as lead-time, cost and quality. In this role, you will drive performance with our suppliers, collaborate with internal teams and make your mark within a team that is passionate about winning, succeeding and make an impact.Responsibilities:
- Main contact / interface within procurement and to your supply base for all inquiries in proposal and execution phase for assigned commodities.
- Implement commercial evaluation of proposals and conduct negotiations/contract documents that include price, scope, schedule, contractual terms and conditions and other as applicable
- Contribute to the technical review and clarifications with supplier and provide innovative solutions to tackle highly sophisticated supply/supplier problems.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Project Procurement Management (PPM), Engineering, global sourcing team, and others to strategize the best decision / outcome for Siemens.
- Perform comprehensive analyses of the supplier’s financial stability, technical competence, capacity and manufacturing capability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Procurement, Business, Engineering or other relevant area a plus
- 5+ years of related experience in procurement, project management or engineering.
- Proven understanding of commercial terms and conditions and structuring payment/cancellation schedules to Siemens best interests.
- Highly refined negotiating skills. Detailed track record of efficiently negotiate sophisticated, high dollar contracts for products or services.
- Consistent record of being proactive, self-motivated, willing to focus and chip in.
- Planning, prioritizing and analyzing data to build recommendations on sourcing strategies with implications for vendor selection, contract terms and negotiating position.
- Full understanding of early involvement levers (E-Auction, GVS sourcing, bundling, etc.).
- Ability to perform within international industry.
- Sophisticated leadership and partnership skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills at all interpersonal levels
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
This job is based in Sacramento, CA. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, CA is $84,150 - $140,250.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.