Imagine a company that combines the dynamic energy of a start-up and the backing of Siemens, a global powerhouse. A company where ideas, passion, and ingenuity are valued - and - vital to solve the next generation of smart building challenges and help customers achieve net carbon zero goals.
Enlighted is human-centered proptech company that creates positive transformation wherever space, people and work meet through our industry leading technology. We empower organizations with this technology to transform physical spaces into regenerative places that fuel positive impact for people, portfolio, and our planet.
Our team is constantly evolving to deliver exceptional value to customers worldwide and remain at the forefront of future-proofing building with our innovative solutions. If you are passionate about turning everyday spaces into extraordinary places – join us – and start making your impact today.
What is this opportunity? | Position Overview
Network Engineer IT – Infrastructure is responsible for the design, prototyping, development, implementation, and testing of AWS Cloud, Networking equipment, IAM (Identity Access Management), and acting as the project member of a cross-functional collaborative team. You will interact with various teams, departments, and other stakeholders and work closely to collaborate with them. This position is mainly focused on IAM, IdP/SSO, AWS Cloud, Cloud Networking, managing/monitoring Networking resources such as Firewall, Router, Switches and familiar with technology platforms such as AWS, Palo Alto, Cisco, etc.
What Will you do? | Responsibilities
As a technical team member, you will play a role in the design, prototyping, development, implementation, and testing of AWS Cloud, Networking equipment via:
- Work with On-premise and Cloud-based Hybrid Network Connectivity
- Define IAM (Identity and Access Management) policies
- Bridge different MFA across multiple domains
- Knowledge of Okta IdP, SAML integrations, SCIM user lifecycle management
- Involvement in AWS Cloud, Cloud Networking and IAM
- Involvement in the implementation of AWS Cloud VPCs, AWS Networking policies
- Involvement in the implementation of Network equipment, VPN tunnels, and Client VPN solutions over
- AWS Site-to-site VPN, AWS Client VPN, Palo Alto Global Protect Client VPN
- Infrastructure projects utilizing automation and IaC (e.g., Terraform, AWS CloudFormation)
- Networking, AWS Cloud and Hybrid infrastructure
- Collaboration in a cross-function organization to provide technical advice, develop alternatives and resolve problems
- Combine your technical vision with business judgement in making decisions to build systems that are scalable for the future
- Execute in a fast-paced environment, driving for results and continuous improvements in IT, Networking and Cloud infrastructure
- Involved working with ESXi platform and VMs
Location: Kitchener, Ontario office. This is a locally based role.
What will you need to succeed? | Skills and Experience Required
- 2 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Must have Strong Networking skills
- Deep understanding of IPSec, VPN tunnel, Client VPN
- Deep understanding of Networking protocols (such as DNS, DHCP, etc.), Knowledge of Switching, Routing protocols, and Security policies
- Experience in implementing IT infrastructure containing Servers, Networks, and peripheral equipment
- Experience with IdP-driven architecture (Okta, Microsoft or Google)
- Experience with IAM (Identity and Access Management)
- Experience with SSO, Identity Federation, User Lifecycle Management, SAML, SCIM integrations
- Experience with AWS Cloud, AWS Networking, CI/CD pipeline
- Redundancy, HA (High Availability), Load Balancing
- Patching, Hotfixes, Monitoring resource usage and planning
- Travel: Ability to travel internationally and/or domestically; on-premise duties, conferences
- Self-motivated: Ability to define a problem, develop a solution and implement the solution
- Learning mindset and agility; eager to learn new skills and technologies
- Strong Problem-Solving skills; solutions oriented
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Bachelors/master’s degree in information technology / Computer Science Engineering or similar degree
- Certification(s): CCNA, Cisco Meraki, Palo Alto or AWS
- IaC (Infrastructure as Code) such as TerraForm & AWS CloudFormation
- Version Control, Git, Scripting, Automation skills
Everything we do at Enlighted is underpinned by our values. We know it is not just what we do that matters, it is how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all team members to live our values and create a culture where everyone is inspired to be their best.
You have a unique opportunity to chart your professional path by owning your development, your career, and your future. We encourage all employees to hone their skills, acquire new ones, and explore continued opportunities within Enlighted and Siemens – the brightest way to advance your career!
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.