Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Technical Writer/Editor.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Technical Writer/Editor, you will be responsible for:
- Developing instructions for Use and System Reference manuals about the operation of ultrasound clinical applications and hardware for use by professional medical practitioners
- The content, procedures, and descriptions you author will match the structure, style, and tone of the company’s existing User and Reference Manuals, adhere to regulatory guidelines and FDA/MDR standards, and be translation ready
- Participating in all phases of user publication development: researching, gathering, and reviewing requirements
- Authoring new procedures and descriptions
- Identifying when examples are needed and updating existing content
- Performing technical review of peer content, and editing for consistency
- Desktop publishing, preparing for verification and validation
- Creating reports, assuring quality, and participating in engineering release and archival
- Representing Technical Publications on feature teams while gathering inputs for authoring instructional and technical publications and performing technical edits
- Participating in discussions, analyze inputs and brainstorm ways to communicate instruction effectively for an international audience.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Have experience writing Instructions for Use and reference publications for a professional audience
- Performing technical edits and adhering to the Standards and Regulations of international governing agencies. Medical company experience is a plus.
- Ghost writing to consistently match terminology, tone, and style of existing user publications while simplifying technical specifications into instruction and reference content.
- At least 2 to 5 years of technical writing experience is a plus
- A self-starter with excellent research skills, are a fervent learner and communicator, have a keen eye for details, and can deliver quality documentation in fast-turn deadlines
- Adaptable, work well independently but can also collaborate as part of a team, and enjoy exploring, learning, and training others how to use software and hardware solutions through the written word.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Experience in authoring user and reference manuals, instructions for use, and directions for use
- Proficient with writing and desktop publishing in Word 365
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in technical writing
- Minimum of two years of experience in technical writing
- Medical device experience is a plus
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
The pay range for this position in Issaquah, WA is $110,000 - $125,000 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and geographical location. The annual incentive target is 10% of base pay. Siemens Healthineers offers a variety of health and wellness benefits including paid time off and holiday pay. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://benefitsatshs.com/index.html
This information is provided per the required state Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Siemens Healthineers external or internal careers site.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.