Siemens Digital Logistics specializes in the digital transformation of logistical processes. We are a leading IT provider in global supply chain management with a portfolio of end-to-end software and consulting solutions. Strategic consulting and analysis, cloud-based solutions, software: Siemens Digital Logistics offers all the tools needed to digitally integrate and optimize complex logistics networks.
The Senior Application Support Engineer will represent SDL Global Support by guiding customers in identifying and solving application issues. This is a technical role that interacts with enterprise level customers to isolate and solve complex logistics solution issues. The Support Engineer will apply moderate skills of logistics software and supporting technologies to investigate and resolve problems by making use of problem-solving skills and tools. They will be responsible for setting customer expectations, identifying, isolating, and providing solutions for problems.
They will regularly exercise discretion & judgment during customer consultations to assess issues and, when necessary, engage with colleagues across multiple departments. Responsible for knowledge share demonstrations to peers and customers. The Support Engineer works with general supervision on issues to competently resolve customer issues. This position requires excellent communication skills, strong team player, attention to detail and a strong desire to be a team contributor and learn and grow within the siemens organization.
- Ability to learn and apply deep knowledge of Siemens logistics applications.
- Perform customer support case management via web and phone communications.
- Work within a team environment to monitor customers issues, perform triage, troubleshooting and escalation routing as necessary.
- Provide customer assistance in a professional and efficient manner, adhering to well established process and practice procedures.
- Partake in knowledge sharing activities, publishing knowledge base articles, providing technical presentations, reviewing documentation.
- Minimum education Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related.
- Minimum of 5-8 years working in a customer-facing support role.
- Proven work experience in implementing web applications.
- Strong understanding of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and web services.
- Strong problem-solving skills on enterprise level applications.
- Excellent communication skills at various levels throughout an organization.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Intermediate skills in web client development experience, understanding of Object-Oriented programming model.
- Demonstrates resilience and a good self-organization.
- Ability to learn fast and adapt to changing priorities.
- Effectively communicate to all parties involved in English.
We are Siemens
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, and private healthcare.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Sdn. Bhd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time