Siemens Smart Infrastructure are recruiting a Controls Engineer with experience in the Electrical Power Transmission & Distribution industry to help us find solutions consolidating and enhancing the Nation’s electricity network for a smarter and brighter future tomorrow.
Based at Hebburn near Newcastle, the successful candidate will be in a Controls Engineer role with the responsibility for helping upgrade existing infrastructure using Siemens latest portfolio of control systems to ensure future sustainability for T&D network.
Areas of Responsibility:
As our Controls Engineer, you will;
- Ensure compliance with customer technical specifications on allocated projects
- Production/checking of functional design specifications and design intent documents
- Development and configuration of engineering control solutions
- Production/checking of all test documentation
- Carry out FAT activities
- Provide SAT support
- Responsible for technical issues/support on allocated projects
- Ensuring that solutions meet the requirements of the latest policies and standards
- Attend internal and external design reviews providing technical input
- Provide technical input for tendering activities
What skills and experience you will bring to the role:
- Experience of National Grid delivery and/or Control / Automation background.
- A minimum qualification of HNC/HND (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering and/or experience in the Electricity Transmission and Distribution Industry
Desired Experience but not essential:
- Experience in a similar role involving configuration and testing of medium to large scale SCADA systems, control systems, automation systems and communication infrastructure.
- Experience of Serial and Ethernet based communication protocols and topologies (IEC60870-5-101/103/104, IEC61850)
- Understanding of Cyber Security requirements in control and automation systems (IEC62443,IEC62351).
- Configuration and testing of networks (RSTP,PRP) utilising software tools for analyses and fault finding
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, 26 days holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time