Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is what drives us.
For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. We are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase the availability of infrastructure for society, optimize route usage, and create a unique quality of travel.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute - we help our customers move the world.
Our Customer Service business seeks to hire an energetic Industrial Engineer to develop standard (and optimize existing) work instructions for production processes. You will focus on analyzing, developing, testing, and implementing procedures, technologies, and systems. You will be the liaison between Engineering (and the drawings they create) and Production, translating those documents into action.
The IE will review processes and results generated in other workflows and fields, conditions, and environments and adds customer value to contribute effectively to team results. We need a professional level of analytical and distinctive conceptual skills to tackle issues that may differ in size and nature. We expect this role to deliver business processes or detailed technology solutions in a self-managed and target-oriented manner, thus contributing to team results. Targets are short to medium-term, and achievements are reviewed against the baseline. This position may provide practical advice to and integrate the services of operational staff or colleagues.What your day-to-day will look like:
- Contributes to budget development and ensures alignment to agreed budgets in Industrial Engineering.
- Develops and Implements performance measurement and improvement initiatives.
- Performs inspections and investigations and analyzes technical manufacturing or logistics processes and sequences.
- Plans, proposes, and implements improvements projects on site or unit level, set the respective targets, budgets, and personnel resources; and steers the overall project process.
- Collaborate with other engineering functions, external vendors, or service providers and consistently monitors and approves respective services and work deliveries.
- Handles overall ramp-up phase of new production & test equipment or production launch of new products and ensures life cycle support.
- Ensures process documentation and trains related manufacturing or maintenance staff.
- Conducts time and motion studies and derives time standards for production calculations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Industrial or Manufacturing preferred)
- Three + years of experience in the creation of work instructions/workbench optimization/technical writing
- SAP experience preferred
- AutoCAD, Creo, or similar experience
- Ability to optimize Takt time
- IISE member preferred
- Locomotive or Rail industry experience (preferred)
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Each team member is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions that contribute to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with an impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and the environment.
- We are front-runners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, CA, is $64,300 - $119,300.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.