MR Scientist for Terra.X 7T in Stockholm, Sweden at Siemens Healthineers
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Employment: 2 years temporary full-time employment.
Siemens Healthineers is shaping the future of healthcare. As a leading medical technology company, we increase value by empowering care providers around the world on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving the patient experience, and digitalizing healthcare. Do you want to be a part of shaping the future of healthcare?
Come and join our global team as MR Scientist to our team based in Stockholm.
Siemens Healthineers is looking for an on-site Magnetic Resonance (MR) clinical scientist to facilitate collaborative research between Siemens Healthineers and Karolinska in the field of Ultra-High Field (7T) MR. The MAGNETOM Terra.X is a CE-labeled clinical, state of the art 7T scanner with high gradient performance and parallel transmission and will be used clinically as well as for clinical and basic research. The 7T MR system will be localized Karolinska University Hospital in Huddinge in the southern parts of Stockholm, Sweden.
Karolinska University Hospital consistently ranks as one of the top 10 hospitals in the World and is one of the largest hospitals in Northern Europe. Karolinska’s vision is to cure and relieve tomorrow what no one can cure and relieve today. Innovation, and bringing new technologies to bedside, is a corner stone of achieving that. Karolinska University Hospital partners with the renowned Karolinska Institute, which is consistently ranked amongst the World's best medical universities and is the seat of the Nobel Assembly that awards the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
The 7T facility at Karolinska is primarily aimed at meeting the needs of patients with the vast majority of its bandwidth dedicated towards clinical use and clinical research. The facility will be a resource to patients from near and afar with the purpose of delivering next-generation clinical imaging to practice. The facility will also provide access for neuroscience researchers through the Karolinska Institute’s MRI Center Core Facility. In total, Karolinska University Hospital and the Karolinska Institute has 27 human MRI scanners, including a PET-MRI system and scanners dedicated to research. The facility in Huddinge includes several other MR scanners used for clinical research, including a MAGNETOM PrismaFit, two MAGNETOM Vida and a MAGNETOM Skyra optimized for interventional procedures.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to become the interface between neuroradiologists, clinical researchers, hospital physicists, basic scientists, and Siemens Healthineers. A substantial proportion of your time would be devoted to support clinical translations of new techniques and research projects involving the ultra-high field 7T MR scanner as well as scientific support to Karolinska, one of our luminary high-end research partners in Scandinavia.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
· Support Karolinska in fulfilling their clinical and research goals on the 7T MAGNETOM Terra.X platform
· Assist and follow-up research collaboration projects with Karolinska on behalf of Siemens Healthineers
· Develop a strong relationship between Karolinska and the MR development team in Siemens Healthineers MR both locally and with Headquarters in Erlangen, Germany
· Support Karolinska in developing a strong relationship with leading ultra-high field research institutions
· Participation at scientific workshops in the Scandinavian region and giving scientific and education presentations at meetings, seminars and scientific congresses
Your qualifications and experience:
· You hold a degree in biomedical imaging, engineering, physics or programming (the latter with a focus on imaging), ideally a PhD
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Experience from working in an interdisciplinary team and being a team player
· Experience in MRI research and development
- and ideally with experience at human ultra-high field MR
- Ideally experienced in one or several of the MR-fields: advanced spectroscopy, advanced diffusion techniques, chemical exchange saturation transfer, motion correction and ex vivo imaging
- Outstanding communication and networking skills to establish and maintain relationships between variety of people in different roles, positions and physical locations
- Strong motivation and self-driven initiative towards fulfilling the goals of the position
Your attributes and skills:
- You are excited about the possibility to work in an international, scientific environment to drive translational MRI developments.
- You like bringing your methodological developments into practice and to apply them in the “real world”.
- You like to interact with different people, and you are motivated by being able to bridge the gap between clinics, research and industry.
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both written and orally, and ideally have as well communication skills in Swedish, both written and orally.
- You have proven C++ programming skills, as well as Python (and/or MATLAB).
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways, and believe you are qualified for the position, your application is appreciated just as well.
Our global team:
Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to healthcare. It reflects our pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We are approx. 66 000 Healthineers worldwide, and we stand with our customers everywhere to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Our values and what we can offer you:
We, Siemens Healthineers, believe that our differences make us stronger and enable us to be the innovative company we pride ourselves on. Innovation comes from change, and change takes time and persistence. We encourage our employees to be themselves and empower them to unleash their true potential. This allows different ideas and approaches to thrive and is the foundation for an inclusive culture. That’s why we are working on diversity and inclusion every day, and we always appreciate and encourage diverse pool of applicants for all our recruitments.
At Siemens Healthineers, we believe our Healthineers Way of Working (HWOW) concept leads to a more flexible, healthy and productive working model. Founded on trust and through mutual agreement, Healthineers Way of Working (HWOW) empowers employees to choose the best place to work for individual and team performance.
Become our new colleague – join us in challenging ourselves while shaping the future of healthcare.
Apply through Jobs and Careers
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become available.
For further information about the position, please contact Head of Sales & Product Management Imaging, Johan Lindqvist on phone: +46 705908545. We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Deadline for applications: 31 March 2023
To all recruitment agencies: Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, employees, or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare AB
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time