Siemens Mobility are recruiting for an Electrical Supervisor for our Rail Infrastructure Electrification business in York. In this role you will play a key role in the safe and timely completion of the Electrical Installation works required for our projects.
You will hold a level of authority within the Siemens Rail Infrastructure - Electrification electrical safety rules, responsible to implement rules onsite during electrical installation works during project construction stages.
The role of Electrical Site Supervisor will provide support and assistance throughout the entire project lifecycle, to the Project team. Support areas to include review and improvement of design preparation of method statements and site pack, development of project plans, access arrangements, identification, supply and supervision of labor, plant and materials, control and oversight of site operations.
What will be my responsibilities?
Your role includes being responsible for electrical work delivered onsite, scoping work and ordering materials, issuing safety documentation and ensuring electrical safety rules are followed.
- Ensure application of all Health Safety Environmental and Quality management controls within the team and any third parties, as well as those affected by Siemens project works.
- Undertake role as nominated by the Engineering Manager to implement Siemens Rail Infrastructure - Electrification electrical safety rules
- Ensuring compliancy with electrical safety rules including the planning and issuing of safety documentation.
- Ensure all construction drawings are red-lined and amended as required ensuring site copies are always updated and relevant.
- Prepare all necessary documentation including method statements, risk assessments, work package plans etc.
- Procure materials, supervise operatives and arrange for hire plant and equipment to be available when required.
- Ensure site electrical works are undertaken in a safe manner and adequate supervision is always provided
- Control all aspects of electrical systems work packages and ensure that cost budgets and project milestones are met and variations managed.
- Ensure accurate and regular progress updates are provided to the site manager and project engineer.
- Responsible for the supervision /mentorship to electricians, graduates and apprentices.
- Carry out other relevant tasks as requested by the Project Engineer / Site manager.
What qualifications, knowledge & experience should I have?
- Qualified Apprenticeship / Electrician experience
- I.E.E. 18th edition wiring regulations
- City & Guilds 236 Part 1&2 or Certificates A, B & C in Electrical Installation
- Proven Track & Rail Electrification competency
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Electrical and Mechanical systems knowledge and experience
- Solid understanding of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Experience in the installation of HV / LV and DC electrical infrastructures
- Provide engineering advice for safety matters
- Experience in using Microsoft applications: Word and Excel
- Proven ability to supervise staff
- Experience of scoping jobs and ordering materials
- Ability to read electrical drawings, panel drawings and wiring diagrams
- Experience of Compliance activities
- Full understanding of the operational restrictions associated with working on the railway infrastructure
- Knowledge of the requirements and implementation of CDM regulations
- Ability to produce work package plans, method statements and risk assessments
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Clean Driving License
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time