If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG and has been a leading supplier in the field of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems and related services. We have always been very innovative in making traveling faster, safer and more comfortable. Today, we need new solutions to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always being one step ahead. Through digitalization, we make infrastructures smart and create opportunities that get us from A to B sustainably and seamlessly. Our 38,200 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
What do you contribute?
- You will work in the vehicle control area on concept development for the integration of train control systems and ATO systems (driverless operation) on locomotives.
- You clarify and document the requirements for the software functions and take responsibility for these in the engineering and quality process.
- You will clarify the interfaces between the vehicle and the train control or ATO system with suppliers and other project members.
- You create software with a graphical project planning tool (PLC programming).
- As part of software and system testing, you will apply appropriate test methods in the laboratory and on the vehicle.
- Supporting validation and commissioning as well as contributing to the optimization of the overall train control/ATO function on the vehicle are also part of your tasks.
What do you bring along?
- You have a degree (Bachelor) in electrical engineering or computer science or alternatively an apprenticeship as a state-certified technician (m/f/d) with several years of professional experience.
- Furthermore, you have knowledge and initial professional experience in the areas of PLC controls, automation technology, decentralized IO stations, bus systems and software development.
- Basic knowledge of circuitry is required.
- Basic knowledge in the field of railroad / vehicle technology is desirable.
- You bring the willingness for occasional business trips at home and abroad.
- You communicate fluently in German and well in English. A second European foreign language is advantageous.
What do we offer you?
Inclusion & Diversity
At Siemens Mobility, we're committed to fighting injustice and inequality. At our company, you will find an environment where you can be yourself and belong.
We are pioneers in mobility. At Siemens Mobility, you will actively contribute to the transformation of transportation and climate protection in a market of the future, because our transportation solutions reduce CO2 emissions all over the world.
Mobile working /Remote working
With us, you will have the opportunity to work hybrid. This means that you can work remotely to a considerable extent. We have officially regulated this through a company agreement.
You can find an overview of our benefits here.
How do you get in touch with us?
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Philip Petendorf.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time