Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as Principal Scientist, Clinical Sciences to provides scientific expertise necessary to design and deliver company-sponsored, medical-led clinical trials.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
A Principal Scientist is responsible for design of clinical trials and scientific execution of assigned clinical trial activities. Work closely with other clinical and Medical Affairs team members within the assigned project to execute activities associated with the conduct of studies and data analysis. Successfully leads, plans, and executes trial level activities for multiple trials with minimal supervision. Works closely with other functions in the company to evaluate new biomarkers for product development.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Principal Scientist, Clinical Sciences, you will be responsible for:
- Lead creation of product intended use statements and product claims development.
- Identify emerging clinical laboratory diagnostic trends in assigned disease state area, provide education and information to core teams for clinical use definition of products.
- Drive collaboration among Research & Development, Product Marketing, Medical Affairs, and Regulatory Affairs.
- Initiate and support collaborations with outside key clinical investigators, researchers and key thought leaders that will contribute to clinical diagnostics excellence for Siemens Healthineers Laboratory Diagnostics.
- Lead, review and evaluate clinical research results in scientific literature to determine continued clinical relevance of products and/or potential for claim extension.
- Lead preliminary clinical research studies to address feasibility of potential product intended use.
- Direct clinical study design and support protocol development of clinical studies conducted by core teams. Provide general support to core teams regarding clinical utility and scientific validity of biomarkers.
- Provide guidance on scouting teams considering new biomarkers for product development.
- Explore new product ideas across business units including Point of Care, Molecular Diagnostics and Imaging.
- Attend key medical and scientific congresses and trade association meetings.
- Create scientific advisory boards as needed to support key disease areas important to company focus.
- May manage small teams of clinical scientists focused on covering one or two disease states.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- High energy; driven; collaborative; highest integrity.
- Clinical study/research experience with the ability to partner and build external partner relationships required.
- Knowledge of in vitro diagnostic product design and development.
- First-hand knowledge of applicable US (21 CFR 820) and EU (ISO 13485) quality system requirements; Understands: Design Control, Good Clinical Practice, In-Vitro Diagnostic Regulation, Essential Requirements, labeling requirements, and regulatory requirements of pertinent regions.
- Must be a strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work in a matrix organization with cross-functional teams is required.
- Requires strong skills in troubleshooting, problem-solving, and technical writing.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with 12+ years relevant experience MS with 8+ years of relevant experience OR PhD with 4+ years relevant experience within medical device (IVD preferred), biotech, or pharmaceutical
- Minimum of 2 years industry-based business leadership experience required, preferably from the in-vitro diagnostics, medical device or pharmaceutical sectors with a complex, competitive, global company.
- Ability to travel up to 20% per month
This job may be based in any state nationwide. The base pay range for this position is $134,392 - $221,749. The annual incentive target is 15% of base pay. The pay wage range shown is based on the job’s primary work location. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications, and location. Siemens Healthineers offers a variety of health and wellness benefits including paid time off and holiday pay. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: Benefits at Siemens Healthineers
This information is provided per the required states Pay Transparency Laws. Base pay information will vary based on market location. Applicants should apply via Siemens Healthineers external or internal careers site.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities. Why you’ll love working for Siemens Healthineers
- Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
- Participate in our celebrations and social events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
We are globally recognized as an Employer of Choice, but don’t just take our word for it. Here are some of our most recent awards and recognition:
- Great Place to Work Certified 2022
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality
- Best for Vets Employers by Military Times
- Glassdoor Employer Rating: 4.0
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.