Siemens Mobility Customer Services is responsible for maintaining trainsets across North America. We upkeep our locomotives and passenger coaches over more than 20 years long contracts. Continuous improvement of our best-in-class maintenance services is close to our heart.
We seek a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and determined Maintenance Technology Manager to innovate our rolling-stock maintenance processes. Together with our customers, you will drive a culture change from preventative and OEM-recommended maintenance to deductive, condition-based maintenance so that our customer assets availability, reliability, and maintainability are significantly improved.
You lead a dedicated, multi-functional innovation team with a Business Analyst, Procurement Specialist, and Rail System Engineers. The Maintenance Technology Manager has vital expertise in Diesel engines.What your day-to-day will look like:
You and your team are responsible for the creativity, design, and project execution of innovative maintenance technology solutions. This role establishes new partnerships with component suppliers and an independent aftermarket to improve the reliability and profitability of our service contracts. Your team then finds solutions extending service intervals of rail components, e.g., by implementing a continuous health monitoring system, designing a condition-assessment program with the FRA, or improving the design of currently installed components.
You define and lead your innovation projects, continuously monitor and validate the outcomes, and actively inspire change in our maintenance processes. Our maintenance service projects see you as a trusted partner, continually seek your support, and contact you with new ideas for improvements.
You are an entrepreneur at heart and will collaborate with the Chief Mechanical Officers of our customers, the Head of Heavy Maintenance (Overhauls), Technical and Commercial Project Managers, and our Head of Technology & Engineering. A constantly evolving and changing technological environment is a challenge that motivates you, and you quickly adapt to it. While we'd love for you to work with our team in Sacramento, CA, we can also support a remote working situation.To thrive in this role, you have:
- Demonstrable experience in rolling stock (railroad) maintenance and commissioning or other rail-related experience
- Solid experience with Diesel Engines for rail
- Demonstrated success in innovation projects
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent technical expertise.
- An exceptional understanding of rail manufacturing, maintenance, digitalization, and business management.
- Intercultural expertise and collaboration with international Project Teams with the ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Each team member is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions contributing to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with an impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and the environment.
- We are front-runners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, CA, is $107,200 - $199,200.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.