Siemens Digital Industries Software is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries.
With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain.
Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility.
Within Siemens DI, Opcenter RD&L (Research, Development and Laboratory) offers companies in CPG and process a scalable and flexible platform to streamline, optimize, and align all formulated product data management.
- You will be responsible to handle problems and questions reported by our customers and partners (on our support portal or by phone).
- Your role will include solving configuration and implementation problems for our end customers.
- When you solved the problem, you will need to communicate the solution in such a way that it is understandable by the customer (sometimes not technical specialists).
- When you reproduced a reported problem in the standard product, you will have to document the scenario in which the problem occurs, and you will forward this information to the development team who will need to fix the reported problem. As a support engineer, we are not making changes to the standard product code.
- Based on the experience as a result of solving problems, you will be invited to write knowledge base articles explaining the problem and the solution. These articles will be published on our support portal and will help other customers with a similar question and problem and will help us to decrease the number of incoming support cases.
- Our support team follows the new trends in the world of application and product support, by providing additional services such as communities (where customer can post questions or share their knowledge), and with a focus on the end customer by helping them to use our products in best way to guarantee a high return of their investment.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science related background.
- Prior experience in supporting customer application will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and skills in software tools, product design, quality, and production environments: in the F&B, Chemicals, or Laboratory related industry (would be preferred).
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills, customer-oriented, flexible, autonomous and structured, ability to quickly understand and assess the problem reported by the customer.
As a Support Engineer you can continue to grow in various directions:
- Become within the support team an expert in a clearly defined technology (SQL server, SQL server Reporting services, .net, java, etc.)
- Evolution towards a functional expert: become THE contact person for a specific customer to help them to use our solution in the optimal way, to help them with questions, problems and consult them to configure the system.
- With the acquired experience in the support team, you have the opportunity to transition to the department that implements new projects for new customers.
- Our company, Siemens Digital Industries Software offers different growth paths.
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Sdn. Bhd.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time