We are recruiting for an experienced and driven Business Development Manager to join our Energy & Performance Services Business Unit. This is an unrivalled opportunity to craft Siemens approach to this new business field through co-creating new technical and commercial solutions with customers and partners.
Energy & Performance Services (EPS) is spearheading Siemens growth in the energy transition market where energy efficient and connected buildings meet the evolving grid environment. We focus on helping customers to reduce their energy consumption, to become more sustainable and to be more resilient in terms of energy supply. We develop and execute projects covering a variety of solutions that either reduce a clients energy use, generate clean affordable energy on site and/or procure their residual energy requirements. In addition, we also provide market leading digital services to help customers efficiently monitor and manage their energy, operations and maintenance activities and environmental footprint. The Siemens EPS offer covers a wide range of key topics for our clients making it both complex and unique, we therefore require a strategic thinking consultative approach from our business development managers. Over the next years we have a high growth ambition and are therefore looking for highly qualified and motivated individuals who want to expand our position in the market and our business.
This role can be based from anywhere within the UK, with travel to customer sites UK wide.
Your new responsibilities:
· Generate a robust and qualified pipeline of opportunities within our UK Industry vertical
· Responsible for both business development and closing of deals (supported by Bid Management Team)
· Manage the sales process to ensure customer opportunities are properly qualified prior to investment of resources
· Thorough understanding of wide-ranging challenges faced by Industrial clients with strong ideas and approach for helping address and overcome these by developing comprehensive, mutually beneficial partnerships and strategies
· Understand and explain the correlation between market drivers, business objectives and operational issues as they relate to value propositions
· Ensure coordinated and cooperative effort between EPS sales team and EPS operations, as well as other divisions within Siemens
· Conduct your own networking activities, marketing, customer meetings, proposal development and customer presentations to deliver outstanding customer value
· Participate in development of long-range sales planning and growth strategies. Develop detailed sales forecast and provide input to budget
What skills and experience will you bring to the role?
- Driven to make sales with proven track record in closing deals
- Significant experience in high value solution sales at executive level
- Solid understanding of energy efficiency and renewables sector
- Knowledge of return on investment value propositions and XaaS
- Ability to facilitate a cooperative approach in a complex environment with cross-functional teams
- Excellent presentation, oral, and written communication skills are required to interact with customers and team members
- Strong business orientation, customer focus and decision-making ability
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, annual sales bonus, 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contributions and other additional benefits. We celebrate that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor our benefits package to suit you.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time