If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG and has been a leading supplier in the field of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems and related services. We have always been very innovative in making traveling faster, safer and more comfortable. Today, we need new solutions to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always being one step ahead. Through digitalization, we make infrastructures smart and create opportunities that get us from A to B sustainably and seamlessly. Our 38,200 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
What do you contribute?
- In your new role, you will design electrical and pneumatic components (including electrical equipment cabinets, containers) for our innovative locomotives.
- You will support the component manufacturing process from the beginning of the conceptual design to the supervision of the assembly on the rail vehicle.
- Within the planning you will consider cross-section requirements (e.g. fire protection, cooling and acoustics) and support our calculators (f/m/d) in the analysis of component properties (e.g. strength and cooling).
- For a successful assembly of the components, you will create the necessary manufacturing documents and simulate the installation of the electrical equipment.
- We already live the "New Normal" today - therefore it is a matter of course for us that you can do a decisive part of your work from your home office.
What do you bring along?
- You have completed a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a technician's training with distinctive technical experience in design.
- You are familiar with sheet metal bending and welding constructions as well as the pre-design of screwed and riveted joints.
- You are experienced in the use of 3D CAD systems (ideally Creo Parametric).
- Desirably, you have knowledge of norms and standards in rail vehicle construction.
- You have a strong analytical ability and can understand complex interrelationships in rail vehicles.
- You communicate confidently in German and English.
What do we offer you?
Inclusion & Diversity
At Siemens Mobility, we're committed to fighting injustice and inequality. At our company, you will find an environment where you can be yourself and belong.
We are pioneers in mobility. At Siemens Mobility, you will actively contribute to the transformation of transportation and climate protection in a market of the future, because our transportation solutions reduce CO2 emissions all over the world.
Mobile working /Remote working
With us, you will have the opportunity to work hybrid. This means that you can work remotely to a considerable extent. We have officially regulated this through a company agreement.
You can find an overview of our benefits here.
How do you get in touch with us?
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Mr. Philip Petendorf.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time