Siemens Mobility provides efficient and coordinated transportation of people and goods by rail – including rolling stock, rail automation, rail electrification, and service. We craft and manufacture across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. Cities and Railroads also rely on us to provide traction-power substations and electricity transmission, as well as signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and transit systems.
Siemens Mobility Inc., Rolling Stock, is looking for a Change Manager/Deputy Project Manager to work in our Bogie department in Sacramento, CA. The incumbent might have the opportunity to work on a variety of Bogie projects for Light Rails, Streetcars, Metros, Locomotives, and Passenger Coaches for customers within North America and internationally with our headquarters in Germany and Austria.
- Focus on change management during the design, procurement, production, and warranty phases of projects.
- Responsible for handling the sustainable implementation of changes within budget, on schedule, and in the required quality.
- Supervising the day-to-day operations of the project teams (consisting of Engineering, Procurement, Production, and Quality-Management) to ensure a smooth workflow and project execution to acquire optimum efficiency.
- Facilitating execution of continuous improvement plans.
- Assisting the Project Manager with schedule, budget, risk, opportunity, and prioritization management.
- Assisting the Project Manager with performing an active role working with customers, including clients and suppliers, to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. This includes working on change orders, claims, and warranty work as vital.
- Supporting the project manager by providing progress reports to the management regularly.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Production Engineering.
- Proven project management skills.
- At least 2 years of successful experience in a related field.
- Proven understanding of Microsoft Office programs is required.
- Excellent technical, oral, and written communication skills required
- Must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of the German language is a plus.
Why you'll love working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
This job is based in Sacramento, CA. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, CA is $68,850- $119,340.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.