TOO Siemens Kazakhstan opens the position of the Embedded Software Engineer in Almaty office. The candidate will be employed by the “Elite” company and provided to TOO Siemens for the services rendering.
We are seeking an experienced and innovative professional in software development for embedded systems to join the technology field “Connectivity & Edge Devices" within our central Research & Development unit – Siemens Technology (T). The Technology department occupies a special position in Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, the USA, Portugal, China, India, Japan and Eastern Europe, the Technology department helps to secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
The technology field is focused on development of IoT solutions in the areas of microelectronics, embedded SW, industrial communication and perception technologies.
What are responsibilities?
- Design and implementation of low-level software for embedded systems and IoT devices
- Contribution to the entire development process from requirements engineering to production
- Testing and debugging of software
- Optimization of performance and stability enhancement of system resources
- Communication with (internal) customers and reporting
- Support high quality and technical excellence of software and systems
- Knowledge sharing and mentoring of junior embedded developers
- Continuous learning and adoption of the newest technologies from the world of open source
What are requirements?
- Excellent knowledge of C programming language
- Solid experience in commercial software development for embedded systems (3+ years)
- Proven experience in embedded systems design
- Experience in using, debugging, profiling and troubleshooting of embedded targets
- Knowledge of principles of RTOS and IPC mechanisms
- Excellent knowledge of coding techniques, low-level interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, RS-232, RS-485), protocols (CAN) and hardware peripherals
- Familiarity with electronic and mechanical schematics
- Familiarity with software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Knowledge of version control systems (git)
- Degree in computer science, industrial automation or electrical engineering
- Communication skills and readiness to work in a team as well as individually
- Fluent English
Would be beneficial
- Experience in a technical lead / teamlead roles
- Software development experience in modern C++
- Knowledge of Python, Assembler, Rust
- Familiarity with test frameworks (GTest, CppUTest, Ceedling)
- Embedded Linux and Linux kernel development experience
- Experience in FreeRTOS, Nucleus RTOS, Zephyr
- Experience in industrial protocols like OPC / OPC UA / OCPP / PROFINET / PROFIBUS / Modbus etc.
- Wireless IoT Network Protocols: Bluetooth, BLE, ZigBee, NFC, RFID, LTE, 5G, LoRa
- Experience with CI/CD and test automation
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AI&ML applications, especially on edge and constrained devices
- Experience with hardware design: schematics, PCB
- Experience with soldering, machining
- Experience with CAD systems for mechanical engineering
- Contribution to open-source projects
Interested? We are looking forward to your application!
Company: Siemens TOO
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time