Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Litigation Paralegal
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Litigation Paralegal, you will be responsible for:
- Consult with attorneys to determine litigation support requirements and e-Discovery needs
- Send and track Legal Hold notifications, identify and scope custodians.
- Utilize matter management system, and maintain case budgets
- Assume the role of the Matter Management (Mitratech’s eCounsel tool) e-Billing Invoice Coordinator for the Legal Department. Oversee electronic invoices and enter manual invoices in eCounsel. Maintain the Error Manager and any errors in invoices by investigating errors and taking corrective actions. Assist vendors and outside counsel by providing remittance details and status of their invoices. Creates Vendor Requests as needed.
- Provide discovery recommendations, plans, time-lines and estimates to the responsible in-house attorney
- Plan, schedule and implement electronic collections including scheduling resources such as people, meetings, appointments, outside counsel and interact with all levels of the Company
- Track the export of electronically stored information to approved third party e-Discovery vendors or outside counsel
- Coordinate with external counsel, third party e- Discovery consultants, and review vendors
- Work with internal attorneys to conduct client custodian interviews
- Maintain accurate and current records of all aspects of projects relating to tracking,
specifications, and chain of custody related to litigation issues
- Prepare presentations (PowerPoint), reports, spreadsheets and other documents.
- Create and maintain process documents.
- Assist in the preparation of answers to interrogatories, responses to other written discovery and document production
- Manage subpoena responses
- Handle scheduling communications and act as a liaison between company attorneys, employees, and outside counsel
- Handle various administrative tasks and ad-hoc legal projects
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 applications including Word, Exchange Online, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to learn new software as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Experience with project management
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Paralegal Certification preferred
- At least three years of experience as a paralegal and/or in litigation support with experience in case management, legal holds, interviews, document collection, analysis, export and assistance with all stages of discovery
- Experience with matter management and e-billing tools
- Experience with Exterro Fusion or similar legal hold tools
- Experience with OpenText Axcelerate, Relativity or similar tools preferred
- Knowledge of litigation applications, discovery processes and technologies, to include e-discovery
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.