Want to have impact on improving people’s life by financing the future of energy, infrastructure, and healthcare industries? Whether in power / renewables, transportation or healthcare, energy and infrastructure projects often require substantial amounts of money. Siemens Financial Services Equity Finance (SFS EQ) offers a broad variety of financing solutions, spanning from traditional equity project finance to platform and fund structures, adding new value for both the customer and the involved Siemens Operating and Strategic companies.Develop what will be important for tomorrow
The world never stands still, and new challenges arise every day. We see this as an opportunity to rise to them. For example, by asking: how can people’s lives be improved? Help us look for the right answers. Let’s develop together what will be meaningful tomorrow. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, intelligently driving things forward, and taking things into one’s own hands. All with the goal of helping society move towards more balanced future. We invest in technology with purpose – be it to decarbonize transportation and industries, to provide access to healthcare or to build digital infrastructure. Therefore, we motivate our employees to pursue their projects with fervor, to analyze and question things. This is how we can address meaningful projects and push them forward together. Welcome to our World.Have impact by improving people’s life
Whether in renewable energies, transportation, agriculture technology or healthcare, infrastructure projects and investments often require substantial amount of financing. Siemens Financial Services (SFS EQ) offer a broad variety of equity financing solutions to make these projects happen., both fir the customers and the involved Siemens Operating and Strategic companies. SFS EQ takes an active owner role by providing up to 50% of the required equity if a project or investment over the lifetime (development. Construction, operation).We make real what matters. This is your role
As a member of the Finance Team in America, you will be joining a growing business and team of investment professionals that facilitates investment decision making and supports SFS EQ in achieving high reaching portfolio goals.
You will be responsible for finance topics related to our equity investments (accounting concepts, tax, and shareholding topics) and performing preliminary research on the accounting concepts applicable to “investment” accounting. You will collaborate closely with the sales / origination and the risk management team in the Americas as a part of agile deal teams.As a Private Equity Financial Analyst, you will:
- contribute to transactions by using your finance expertise, due diligence experience and structuring experience
- manage finance topics for portfolio transactions such as reviewing the financial documents, supervising critical metrics, analyzing equity pick-ups for the invest companies, forecasting cash distributions, dividends etc.
- perform due diligence of new equity transactions as well as divestments which includes but not limited to analyzing transaction structures, review of the financial models, ensuring Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”) of the proposed transactions meet internal hurdles, and supporting internal approval processes.
- analyze accounting, tax, and operational matters as well as the review of legal documents to assess the accounting implication of the transaction as per IFRS / US GAAP.
- evaluate financial performance of pipeline transactions such as IRR, ROE, EVA, free cash flows etc.
- supporting the engagement of the consultants, handling purchase orders, supervising invoices from project companies, maintaining consultants’ budget, and performing analytics on a regular basis including recommending accruals in consultation with RM team
- Establish business administration set-up in foreign shareholding entities, such as service agreements, order management & payment processes, internal controls set-up, etc.
- bring a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a broad finance function
- degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics. CPA, CFA and/or MBA in Finance is a plus
- background in US GAAP and/or IFRS accounting standards in general and specific to equity accounting
- intermediate understanding of fair value concepts such as DCF, market multiples, comparable transactions etc.
- experience in working within fast-paced, diverse, and transaction-oriented teams with the ability to balance multiple deals and tasks simultaneously
- strong MS Excel and financial modelling skills to review financial models and perform analytics
- experience in managing interface between business and support functions such as accounting, tax, reporting, business controlling, etc.
- willingness to travel up to 10% is required for this role
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a global standard
- Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- Variety of flexible working models
Do you want to know more about us?
We at Siemens Financial Services Inc. provide business-to-business financial solutions. Our outstanding combination of financial expertise, risk competence and industry know-how enable us to build tailored innovative financial solutions. We have our headquarters in Munich, Germany and almost 3,000 employees worldwide. Follow the link to discover our world: www.siemens.com/finance.Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
As an equal opportunity employer, we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities. Visit us at www.Siemens.com/careers, if you would like to find about jobs & careers at Siemens
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.