Siemens DISW is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We're looking for a Software QA Test Engineer to join our team in Cairo, Egypt.
The Calibre xRC tool provides robust parasitic extraction that delivers accurate parasitic data for comprehensive and accurate post-layout analysis and simulation. A rule-based extraction tool reads a design layout using a two-dimensional description of the design’s physical shapes (e.g., GDSII). It then identifies patterns in the layout that match a predefined set of models in the extraction rules, performs the calculations by substituting in the actual design dimensions, and writes an extracted netlist that includes the design circuit and its extracted parasitic components. This extracted netlist is used by SPICE circuit simulators and static timing analysis (STA) tools, and those results, in turn, are used to adjust or modify the design to obtain the desired performance and/or eliminate any operational issues.Main responsibilities
- Sponsors quality process and procedures throughout the entire product lifecycle including inspections, code reviews, requirements, code coverage and quality improvement.
- Set expectations for product quality, create a plan to measure the expectations, and ensure execution of the plan.
- Accountable for the predictability of schedules and measuring progress to goals against objectives.
- Understands the level of quality required at different phases of the product lifecycle and ensures that the product works in the customer intended environment. Works with customers, marketing, and/or Customer Support to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Record past verification and validation efforts to ensure reproducibility of results.
- Assesses technical capability of product, including ease of use, functionality, reliability, and serviceability.
- Testing product for defects and limitations, and boundaries (think of all the ways that a product might not work).
- Collaborates and coordinates as needed with global engineering and QA teams.
- Review functional and design specifications and other project documentation. Review internal and external product and release documentation and provide appropriate input to others, e.g. KPD, third party providers, etc.
- Coordinate efforts with SW Development and Release Team members to ensure quality software releases.
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering with minimum grade of Very Good with honors
- Good knowledge of scripting languages.
- Solid knowledge in IC physical design, layout, and verification tools; and IC manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of Software Quality Assurance processes and software testing concepts is a plus!
- Familiar with working on Linux/Unix OS.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work closely with MKT and R&D to understand software features and customer usage.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access and equal opportunity.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time