Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the Signaling System Engineer position to Join our Project Team in Egypt. This is an excellent career opportunity for Professionals from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
What are my responsibilities?
• Drive the System signaling activities as to ensure that technical solutions to be applied within the projects are fit for purpose functionally and operationally
• Responsibility for determination and updating the system architecture and concept lies with the System Engineer throughout the entire project duration
• Analysis of user requirements with respect to non-existent, unclear / contradictory, or unreasonable requirements, compilation of any assumptions as a substitute for non-existent requirements, and initiation of a speedy, binding clarification of such requirements with the customer
• Consultation with the project manager on system and architecture issues and development of suggestions for a technically and commercially efficient system concept
• Evaluate the customer requirements and prepare System Requirements Specification (SRS)
• Collaborate with software acceptance test with costumer (FAT).
• Collaborate with test and commissioning activities (SAT2).
• Drives the development of technical standards and procedures for System Engineering.
• Ensures obeying regional laws and regulations.
• Ensures a proficient and capable workforce to conduct the Engineering activities in time and quality
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Bachelor’s engineering degree in electronics , Telecommunications, electrical or similar.
• Technical knowledge on main subsystems of a railway project, especially ETCS and Interlocking subsystems.
• Experience in reading and understanding technical requirements.
• Good understanding of Systems Engineering lifecycle.
• Good understanding/knowledge about railway principle and standard is a must
• Key leadership skills demanded by the role and similar experience at least for a period >5 years.
• Knowledge of engineering processes
• Communication skills
• Proficient English language required.
• Solid computer skills and knowledge
• Have a valid driving license
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time