Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the Signaling Testing and Commissioning Engineer – ETCS L1 position to Join our Project Team in Egypt. This is an excellent career opportunity for Professionals from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
What are my responsibilities?
• Testing and commissioning of signaling equipment in addition to putting into safe operation.
• Follow up the faults during operation with O&M team.
• Prepare test reports as per Siemens Mobility Quality Plan / applicable standards.
• Prepare PTWs to adhere to Siemens Mobility EHS Plan.
• Prepare Progress reports in addition to testing and Commissioning instruction manuals / Commissioning Plan.
• Ability to troubleshoot and reporting NCRs as per Siemens Quality Plan.
• Arrange/Coordinate the handing over processes with the client.
• Prepare/Participate material submittals and follow up the approval processes.
• Follow up test reports reviews with the third party / if any, in addition to justifying their technical concerns.
• Planning and requisition of tools and resources.
• Prepare and update schedule according to project requirements.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Bachelor’s engineering degree in electronics , Telecommunications, electrical or similar.
• Technical knowledge on main subsystems of a railway project, especially ETCS and Interlocking subsystems.
• Experience in reading and understanding technical requirements.
• Good understanding of Systems Engineering lifecycle.
• Good understanding/knowledge about railway principle and standard is a must
• Key leadership skills demanded by the role and similar experience at least for a period >5 years.
• Knowledge of engineering processes
• Strong Communication skills
• Proficient English language required.
• Solid computer skills and knowledge
• Have a valid driving license
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time