Siemens Digital Industries Software is not a manufacturing company. We are a growing software company - bringing the technologies and innovations of tomorrow to our customers today. With the resources and opportunities of a large corporation, your opportunities are endless. The role you apply for today, is only the first step in your Siemens journey.
Join our team as Global Commodity Manager - Software Engineering Services (f/m/d) and help us digitalize the future.
Our hybrid work model allows you to flexibly work from home, at customer sites or on-site at any of our 18 locations within Germany or in Europe.
How are you shaping the world of tomorrow? Challenging and future-oriented!
The purpose of this role is to enable a culture of spending discipline for the Software Engineering category via the employment of efficient, effective and best in class strategic sourcing, contract management, negotiation and supplier management practices and leveraging identified Siemens implemented technology. The Commodity Manager is responsible for performing industry research and monitoring global business environments in order to develop, align, and execute strategic commodity plans for the Software Engineering Services category spend.
- Develop sustainable sourcing strategies for the Software Engineering Services spend globally that include spend analysis, market and geographic considerations, and strategic importance and client requirements
- Monitor and analyze trends in company spending in order to make recommendations for the future in line with client needs
- Identify and evaluate procurement risks, opportunities and market forces to avoid business exposure and exploit potential opportunities
- Identify and evaluate business risks in contracts and advice the business owner of supplier’s performance obligations to mitigate said risk
- Define purchasing recommendations that are in line with business goals, in collaboration with stakeholders and partner organizations (finance, legal)
- Negotiate pricing, key terms, and conditions of sale with key suppliers and vendors, negotiating and managing legal contracts and agreements
- Deliver and validate savings by building and owning relationships with internal customers globally
- Effectively communicate the company’s long-term procurement strategies including benefits of supplier collaboration to team members and key stakeholders
How do you become part of our team? With a lot of drive and passion!
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+ years of related procurement / supply chain experience
- Strategic Sourcing and Project Management experience needed
- Experience working and demonstrated experience influencing stakeholders and business partners
- Advanced contracting skills critical - knowledge of contracting principles, laws, regulations and industry
We offer an international environment with more than 140,000 customers around the world who already rely on our expertise in digitization. In Germany, more than 2,000 colleagues are involved in exciting and varied customer projects in the aerospace, automotive and transportation, consumer products and retail, electronics and semiconductors, energy and utilities, industrial machinery and heavy machinery, maritime, and medical devices and pharmaceuticals industries. With us, you will find a team-oriented work environment, comprehensive training options and attractive benefits. Through individual target agreements and diverse career models with specialization options, we offer you the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
Are you an innovator? Then become part of our team!
If you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team, please contact us by mail: careers-DACH.firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person for this job posting is Sylvia Elsenbruch.
Want to learn more about Siemens Digital Industries Software before you apply? Check out Mission / Vision and our software portfolio - or visit our homepage.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.
At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time