Runout Technician – Tech I
The Factory Runout/Test Technician role is responsible for performing factory testing and setup of Siemens process analyzers and equipment. This role is the final step in our manufacturing process and includes activities such as setting up chromatography applications, performing final testing, and preparing the analyzer for customer acceptance. The Runout/Test group is part of the Customer Service department within the Analytical Products business unit of Siemens Industry, Inc. The AP business unit manufactures the Siemens Maxum Gas Chromatograph, Continuous Gas analyzers, System Integration projects, and provides support for Siemens analytical products.
- Setup, Testing, and troubleshooting of Siemens Maxum II process gas chromatographs.
- Gathering parts, drawings, and additional information needed to perform the job to the highest level of ability.
- Ensuring readiness for customer acceptance by completing all of the safety testing, analytical application setup, and quality checks.
- Answering technical customer questions, offering solutions, and supporting the customer as needed.
- Work as a team to support each other during test process, through procedure creation and training.
- Continuous skill growth and improvement to stay current with products.
- Working across departments and disciplines to ensure the factory is aware of issues/successes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Gas Chromatograph analyzers or AAS from accredited school
- Excellent Communication skills required – phone, email, virtual meetings, and face to face
- Microsoft Office proficiency and general computer skills - paperwork requirements are part of job responsibility
- Ability to read and understand wiring, plumbing, and other technical drawings
- Self-motivated, able to work in a group, and willing to take ownership of any directive given
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Technical BS from accredited school
- 4+ years Industry / Analytical Experience
- Knowledge of Gas Chromatographs and Sample Systems
- Programming Knowledge
- Networking Knowledge
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.