Platform Specialist: Azure Based Platforms
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019, with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
· Experienced in scripting tools to define, design, implement, deploy, and maintain development, staging & production environments for Azure platform.
· You need to Define, implement, deploy and maintain development, staging & production environments for cloud-based Azure micro-services architecture
· You have to provide Infrastructure provisioning for enterprise-wide cloud platform
· You have to study existing technology landscape and understand current application workloads
· You have to understand and document technical requirements from clients
· You have to define migration strategies to move legacy applications to cloud
· You have to develop architecture blueprints and detailed documentation.
· You have to design the overall Virtual Private Cloud VPC environment including ExpressRoute, server instance, storage instances, subnets, availability zones etc.
· You have to ensure security and compliance controls for Azure environment
· You have to Work in a diverse multi time-zone environment
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA/M.Sc. with 10+ years of overall experience including experience on Azure and DevOps tools
· Minimum of 4+ years hands on experience using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms
· Working experience and in-depth knowledge of Azure cloud platform and key services
· Hands-on experience and deep understanding of serverless architecture
· Hands-on experience on Kubernetes and containerization on Azure platform, Terraform know how is a must
· Hands on experience in deploying for Azure based micro-services architecture
· Experience on building scalable and performant production systems
· Experienced with architectural concepts for distributed systems and cloud technologies
· Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, etc.
· Experience building and supporting most important technology components with DR capabilities
· Experience with multi-tier system and service design and development for large enterprises is an advantage
· Certification on Azure architecture desirable
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time