We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2023 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Customs, the candidate will be an expert in Trade Compliance for complex corporate import compliance projects including proficient classification opinions. The role will promote required trade compliance practices per CBSA, OGD and CBP, PGA in addition to other foreign Customs Authorities.
What will you do?
- Fluency in Tariff Classifications and Customs rulings. Ensure classification is completed effectively for Canadian Customs Tariff and US Tariff Schedule.
- Must be able to perform FTA determination according to Rules of Origin (CUSMA, CETA, CPTPP,CIFTA)
- Must be able to perform FTA renewal annually and support FTA requests throughout calendar year.
- Liaise with Customs broker(s)/ service providers, address classification and operational issues.
- Support day-to-day HS activity and entry requirements, with valid use of duty risk evaluation practices.
- Support CBSA audits and projects in compilation of information related to HS classification performed
- Research and compose business cases to support maximum duty reductions and binding rulings
- Fluency in Customs front-end Operations of various trade lanes
- Special projects on case-by-case basis.
- Development of SOP’s in alignment with brokerage and business unit
- Customs valuation reviews
- Create, implement, review and act upon KPI’s for third party management
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree or diploma in related field
- 7 to 9 years of customs experience
- At least 1-year experience leading people
- CCS designation required
- CTCS, CCLP highly preferred
- SAP experience is an asset
- Strong knowledge of the Customs act and AMPS
- Up-to-date knowledge of current legislation and policies
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet timelines in a fast-paced, and dynamic work environment.
- Self starter with the ability to take initiative and be proactive in owning projects and processes, working independently with minimal supervision.
- High level of attention to detail, critical thinking and analytical skills, and reasoning to identify key risk factors and drivers.
- Recognized for your learning mindset and ability to understand the business and challenges, and implement new approaches that result in improvements in organizational performance
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $$385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.